how much did you spend the week you move into your uni accommodation/ new flat?

a fragrant plant

In total? $29,000 that week since I also placed my down payment on a house.

I spent around $900 on furniture so far for my apartment, and am missing only a sofa (probably getting one used on craigslist for ~$100-$200).

About $1500 - $2000 in my case, basically getting furniture, appliances/ phone and deposits on utility services. That didn't include rent which I had paid before.

Edited by newms

We probably spent about $5000 on furniture, the first grocery trip was $400 and then first and last month's rent was $2500. My boyfriend works full time, so we weren't quite as cash-crunched as I would have been doing this on my own. You can very easily do it for cheaper (maybe not groceries or rent, but furniture certainly)

About $2400 for First/Last months rent/pet deposit, and about $400 for the Uhaul+gas to move. We already had all of our furniture, so it was just moving it to the new city. Electricity/Gas went through the landlord, so no deposit there, and our internet required no deposit at the time. Of course, it also took them a month to get it hooked up, so....

We were pretty strapped starting off, but we had some savings we could dip into, and it was replenished pretty fast via stipends.

Not very much. I was moving into a house that was already furnished, and I had a lot of my own furniture already (I did buy an awesome desk at an antique store for $17!) All in all, I paid 1st and last month's rent, groceries, and some cleaning supplies and random odds and ends... about $1,000, I'd say.

It's hard for me to separate this out from all the relo expenses...it was cross-country and the time now just runs together in my mind.

Everything was $4500, no furniture (place is furnished...I lucked out with a roomie who already had the place and seems to like highest-end of everything). There's probably a few hundred that could be subtracted for things I sold and cash I made during the summer.

I've kind of been interested in doing a dollar/mi calculation thread about relos, if others are interested or would contribute to it.