NDSEG 2012 - Fundopolotoplotopus

andrealphus

yup, here too. I wonder if we can get feedback via the freedom of information act :). I might just try to be annoying and do it. Sadly I'm pretty sure I was accepted for the SMART fellowship since two interviewers said I was being recommended to the board. Guess the acceptance rates for those are much higher, or NDSEG goes off differing criteria.

The fourth wasn't with me today. Didn't get the NSF either. I was told I would get the SMART by my interviewer, but haven't received the offer letter yet. I just told him last week I wouldn't be able to accept it anymore because of my graduate schedule, so hopefully someone here gets it.

GL to everyone else.

Any thoughts what it might mean if we haven't gotten an email yet? I imagine they send all the notices out at once, right? So maybe there's still a chance if you haven't received anything yet (i.e. you were close to the cutoff)...

I just got an acceptance email... must have barely made the cutoff. Their website is down, though, so I'm still wondering if it was a mistake/how to accept it before Monday. Anyone else in this situation?

'

Just email NDSEG, they'll tell you what to do.

I just got an acceptance email... must have barely made the cutoff. Their website is down, though, so I'm still wondering if it was a mistake/how to accept it before Monday. Anyone else in this situation?

I also got my acceptance yesterday. I was able to sign in right afterwards and accept it. I still won't really believe it until monday...

I also got an accept yesterday, but wasn't able to log into the award page. It just says "

The 2012 season awards system is not yet open." I'm going to email them to find out how to accept the award.

Anyone still waiting to hear from them? I haven't heard anything yet either way. I emailed them this morning, but still no response...

I haven't heard anything either and emailed them twice without any response. I called the office and they said all acceptance and rejections were issued and if you hadn't heard to email them. But again, I haven't gotten a response.

Just received the following response:

Dear ---,

We regret to inform you that we cannot fund you for an NDSEG Fellowship. The selection process was very thorough and your application was reviewed by many experts in your discipline.

NDSEG is very competitive and there were many more qualified applicants than could be funded. It is possible that you will be eligible to apply again next year for the NDSEG Fellowship. Unfortunately, we are not able to provide any feedback on your application, but please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions. We encourage you to continue with your educational goals and wish you success in your future endeavors.

Sincerely,