Chemistry Applications Fall 2014

Chemisto

Well, everyone, it's been a pleasure. Thanks for keeping us all updated, posting your stats, engaging in discussion, offering advice, and letting me know I wasn't the only one freaking out. Good luck to everyone in your future endeavors. I look forward to attending your Nobel Prize acceptance speech!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone going to Georgia State University?

Good luck there man. I went to a lecture there by Stephen Buchwald today, coincidentally. The Petit Science Center was pretty new and quite nice.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Do i have even the slightest chances of getting into a PhD program in chemistry in average Universities. If so then plzz suggest some universities. I am an International student.

My GRE 297 ( v-148, Q- 149, AW-3.5), TOEFL iBT- 102 (R-22, L-24, S-28,W-28), GRE chem- will be taking it in two weeks time.

No publication yet, though manuscript preparation is in progress but not sure if it will be ready on time and i will be only given the 2nd authorship (Though i worked on it mainly).

CGPA in MSc-8.66/10,

BSc- 70% overall, 80 % in chemistry,

Study gap of 2 years Between BSc and MSc due to financial reasons.

Hi,

Do i have even the slightest chances of getting into a PhD program in chemistry in average Universities. If so then plzz suggest some universities. I am an International student.

My GRE 297 ( v-148, Q- 149, AW-3.5), TOEFL iBT- 102 (R-22, L-24, S-28,W-28), GRE chem- will be taking it in two weeks time.

No publication yet, though manuscript preparation is in progress but not sure if it will be ready on time and i will be only given the 2nd authorship (Though i worked on it mainly).

CGPA in MSc-8.66/10,

BSc- 70% overall, 80 % in chemistry,

Study gap of 2 years Between BSc and MSc due to financial reasons.

Your general GRE scores are too low to even pass the cut-off of many schools. I think you should retake.