PhD in Industrial Engineering/Operations Research Fall 2014

Industrial-apply

I found this on UMich website:

Students will have the opportunity to tour departments, interact with faculty, meet with current graduate students, and talk to their peers from across the country. This program is fully funded providing airfare, transportation, hotels, and meals to invited graduate student participants.

Doesn't look like a step in admission process...

Yeah not sure.  The website may just be more general.  I was told by one of the faculty members that the weekend is for the narrowed down list and then they decide who to give offers to based on it.  So could be either... Just passing on information. 

Hello,

I have received this email from UCSD school of management:

Hi **********,

This is ********* writing from USA. We’d like to talk with you about your application to our PhD program at the University of California.

What times are good for you to talk this week? Morning or Evening IRST?

Ideal times for us would be around 9-11. PM IRST or 9-10 AM IRST.   

Can you do a Skype conversation (let us know your Skype account)? If Skype does not work, we can also call you to your cell phone.

Best,

Congrats samen, that's awesome!!!

Thanks.

When we receive an interview what it means in term of admission chances? In the other word, does this mean that I will be admitted if interview go well?

Edited by samen

Who is going to the Michigan weekend event? I saw 3 more invitations on the results section...lets get in touch!

I am an international applicant who applied to U Mich; nothing yet received though! :(

I'm going to the UMich recruitment weekend, should be fun. It's the same weekend as Duke cs >< Also a faculty member contacted me for a phone interview. I wonder what happens if I blow that, would make this weekend pretty awk

I'm going to the UMich recruitment weekend, should be fun. It's the same weekend as Duke cs >< Also a faculty member contacted me for a phone interview. I wonder what happens if I blow that, would make this weekend pretty awk

Congrats! Interview with UMich or Duke?

I can see in the result page that someone has posted an acceptance from UC Berkeley. Does anyone in this thread know something in this relation?

I have also applied for UC Berkeley but I have not heard anything. As far as I know, UC Berkely sends out acceptances and rejections near Feb 15 but Jan 31 is a little soon for this school to send out an acceptance

Edited by samen

I can see in the result page that someone has posted an acceptance from UC Berkeley. Does anyone in this thread know something in this relation?

I have also applied for UC Berkeley but I have not heard anything. As far as I know, UC Berkely sends out acceptances and rejections near Feb 15 but Jan 31 is a little soon for this school to send out an acceptance

Neither have I....

There are also few Northwestern results! 

Maybe the applicant was very qualified. I know they inform their desirable choices asap...

Hi there!

Anybody applied to ASU School of CIDSE? If so, do you know about how they provide graduate assistantship? I've been admitted but found nothing about funding in their letter of admit!!

Edited by kalmamad

Hi there!

Anybody applied to ASU School of CIDSE? If so, do you know about how they provide graduate assistantship? I've been admitted but found nothing about funding in their letter of admit!!

Hey, I was accepted into their industrial engineering program, but haven't received anything about funding yet. Are you going to their open house?

Hi, I have been accepted on that day but no info on financial aid :(

hi,

anybody from northwestern,been accepted there but nothing is mentioned about funding in admit????

Can you clarify what you're asking? I was admitted for PhD, and the funding package was specified in the admission letter.

Can you clarify what you're asking? I was admitted for PhD, and the funding package was specified in the admission letter.

I have checked the result on website.There is no mention of funding.Will there be a separate admission letter by mail also??