Letters of rec

n22

Hey guys! ive been so conflicted on who I should be asking for letters and was just wondering who you guys have been asking? Is it bad if I just asked one com dis professor? I definitely could ask more however I feel like some teachers that I have worked with in my gap year know me much better.What have you guys been doing? Especially those that took a few years off and may have more options of asking people in different fields? thanks :)

As someone from out of field, all of my LOR writers are out of field: English/poetry Ph.D, linguistics/child language development Ph.D, and a Spanish professor. They are the three professors I worked the most with and the best with, so I trust them to write accurate letters of my abilities. If I don't get in this time, I don't know if I would feel comfortable asking them a second time though.

It will depend on the school honestly. Email them and ask. I was told by one school that they wanted all ComD faculty so they could evaluate me as a student. I asked profs whose classes I did well in even though I didn't know them well personally. I had to apply two years in a row before getting in and my profs had no problem just updating their original letters and submitting them again.