Mentioning a project not yet started

Fallen

Hi, 

I am completing some applications for computational biology programs. After I submitted an application last week, I was offered a project in a major teaching hospital. I will begin the project in the next few weeks. The remainder of my applications will be submitted before I actually begin the project. Should I include it on my cv/personal statement or leave it out? It is a fairly important project, and directly relevant to my research interests. 

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I have been told not to put things that are not at least submitted to a journal on your CV if this is a paper or project that is destined for publication. That being said I have had several interviews where I brought up work that I am currently or about to be begin and got a very positive response from my interviewers. One interviewer in particular mentioned it was good to see how excited I was to be a part of a really cool project I was about to start in my lab.

I would discuss it in relation to your future directions.  This isn't a paper or a grant (HOPEFULLY) so feel free to talk about why this fits into your application profile.  But if I'm wrong/uninformed, it may be best to ask a faculty member rather than some 22-year old typing away at her computer.  :P