GRE Verbal Section

speechfan222

I have been using many resources to study for the verbal section of the GRE, but still feel very overwhelmed with the amount of vocabulary words and being able to correctly define words for sentence completion. I currently have the Kaplan GRE Premier 2015 and Barron's GRE books and have also used the vocabulary list of the top GRE words. Can anyone else recommend other study tools, materials, or tips for the verbal section of the test?

I'll also take recommendations for the other sections as well.

Looking at this both positively and negatively... Positively, vocab is only a minor part of the test, and negatively, you're not going to be able to build a massive vocabulary in a few weeks.  I'd continue drilling on the vocabulary words you currently have for 15-20 minutes every day until the test, but not at the expense of practicing reading comprehension and other parts of the verbal section.  Just my suggestion. 

There are lists of the top 100 or so GRE vocab words that you can google. I did this and it helped me tremendously. The GRE has a tendency to use some of the same words predictably. 

Magoosh has really helpful free vocabulary flashcards in an app to download (If you have a smartphone). It basically tests the most 1000 frequently appearing words on the exam in a multiple choice quiz format. I thought it was helpful...The GRE also tests the "logic" of choices (e.g. like on the sentence equiv. section, you can have synonyms that don't fitt he blanks), so you should focus on trying to understand the strategy behind the "blanks" so to speak. Good luck!