Hunter Fall 2016

SW2016

2 hours ago, tudor3x8 said:

Two year clinical

Okay. So you just gave me a sliver of hope. I applied to the OYR program and their deadline is April 1st. So I am hoping that they start looking at apps by late March early April for this program.

2 hours ago, callabyrdt said:

Okay. So you just gave me a sliver of hope. I applied to the OYR program and their deadline is April 1st. So I am hoping that they start looking at apps by late March early April for this program.

Yeah don't lose hope! I also applied mid December, so it took quite a bit of time to get the turn around as well! Good luck!

On 3/7/2016 at 1:52 PM, Jewelz423 said:

woohoo! congrats rachel and tudor!!  good luck on your interviews.  Let us know how it goes. :D

Just got back from my Hunter interview and don't feel good about it. I was the only applicant there with no social work volunteer or work experience. (started the training process for volunteering, but so far no actual volunteering). I'm older and have a lot of life experience and thought that was valued so my lack of actual social work experience was being overlooked.  But either the interviewer was trying to see how I handled being made to feel uncomfortable about my lack of hands-on experience or else she was deciding against me. Guess we'll see what happens next. 

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 4:36 PM, RachelNYC said:

Just got back from my Hunter interview and don't feel good about it. I was the only applicant there with no social work volunteer or work experience. (started the training process for volunteering, but so far no actual volunteering). I'm older and have a lot of life experience and thought that was valued so my lack of actual social work experience was being overlooked.  But either the interviewer was trying to see how I handled being made to feel uncomfortable about my lack of hands-on experience or else she was deciding against me. Guess we'll see what happens next. 

I was in the same boat as you with no relevant work or volunteer experience and I got accepted to Hunter. While work and volunteer experience is an asset they look for more then that, the school wants to see if you are a good match for the program that is why they still have an interview process. Good luck Rachel!

Anyone who has applied for the Organization track, have you recieved anyword for an interview yet? I'm here still waiting! Is Hunter just looking through the clinical applicants for now still?

After your interview ( like even one or two days later) you need to check your application because they inform you there about your response.

You scroll all the way down and it will  say  DECISION STATUS: AVAILABLE BEGINNING: {DATE}

And they interview in shifts - so don't be beyond concerned if you have not yet been notified of an interview date. 

Good luck! Feel free to ask any questions!

Edited by HunterGirl
Spelling

On 3/6/2016 at 2:53 PM, morningjunky said:

I applied for COP&D as well. I think this concentration receives much less applicants as most social workers aim to be clinicians. I was lurking through past threads and it seems that late March/early April is the timeline for this concentration in terms of hearing either a rejection or an interview invite. I hope it's soon because this is my last school I am waiting on!

@morningjunky @Jewelz423 Has anyone who has applied for the COP&D concentration heard back yet? Just trying to get a feel for whether I should be on the lookout yet!

4 minutes ago, Adrienne13 said:

@morningjunky @Jewelz423 Has anyone who has applied for the COP&D concentration heard back yet? Just trying to get a feel for whether I should be on the lookout yet!

On 3/14/2016 at 10:21 AM, BelleBoss said:

Anyone who has applied for the Organization track, have you recieved anyword for an interview yet? I'm here still waiting! Is Hunter just looking through the clinical applicants for now still?

@Adrienne13 @BelleBoss No, nothing yet.  I hope we here something soon.  I need to start declining/accepting offers soon, and I can't keep asking for extensions.

On March 18, 2016 at 1:24 PM, Jewelz423 said:

@Adrienne13 @BelleBoss No, nothing yet.  I hope we here something soon.  I need to start declining/accepting offers soon, and I can't keep asking for extensions.

Ditto! At this point, I've already committed to another school, so I'm not even sure if I am still considering Hunter anymore as I applied in late November and have heard back from all other schools with funding offers.

On 3/14/2016 at 8:48 AM, futuresocialworker2017 said:

I was in the same boat as you with no relevant work or volunteer experience and I got accepted to Hunter. While work and volunteer experience is an asset they look for more then that, the school wants to see if you are a good match for the program that is why they still have an interview process. Good luck Rachel!

Thanks, and I was accepted, too! I interviewed on a Wednesday and was informed the following Monday evening. Thinking back on the interview, I think that the interviewer was trying to push some of our buttons to see how we'd do in a stressful situation. I so felt like I didn't get it when I left that room...So I will be there in the fall. Yay! Btw, I got an email. I kept refreshing my application all day, but got the email first.

Edited by RachelNYC
added info

1 hour ago, Jewelz423 said:

@morningjunky @BelleBoss @Adrienne13 I finally got invited for an interview yesterday! If you haven't heard anything yet, I'm sure you will soon. Good luck to us all! 

Hi Jewelz, when was your application completed by? I submitted on 2/5 and my app was completed by 2/24 and I still haven't heard anything back! I check my application and email constantly waiting for a change.

good luck on the interview!!

Hi, new here - just joined :) I applied for the OYR Organizational & Management Track. I submitted my application on 2/3 and it was marked completed on 2/3. I got an email regarding the interview on 3/9. Unfortunately, because the state is due to audit my program any day, I had to pick one of the latest dates available for the interview... so my interview date is 4/6. I hate that I've been waiting so long!

Hi all! My application was complete on 2/9, I was e-mailed for an interview on 3/4, had my interview 3/15 and was accepted yesterday 3/25! I am very happy as Hunter was my number one choice! I'd love to connect with anyone else who is planning on going for the two year clinical program! Good luck to all! 

On 3/25/2016 at 10:42 AM, PatientlyWaiting said:

Hi Jewelz, when was your application completed by? I submitted on 2/5 and my app was completed by 2/24 and I still haven't heard anything back! I check my application and email constantly waiting for a change.

good luck on the interview!!

I submitted on 2/4, and it was complete by 2/18.  I'm sure you will hear soon.  I can't tell if there is any rhyme or reason to how they go through the applications, but at least you know now that they are working their way through the pile!  I was also checking my email and application repeatedly, so I know the feeling.  I really hope you get some good news soon:)

On 3/25/2016 at 2:04 PM, HunterGirl said:

Did anyone applying to the COPD heard back?

Yes, I applied to COP&D and was invited for an interview last Thurs.  

On March 25, 2016 at 8:58 AM, Jewelz423 said:

@morningjunky @BelleBoss @Adrienne13 I finally got invited for an interview yesterday! If you haven't heard anything yet, I'm sure you will soon. Good luck to us all! 

Ah, good luck! I haven't heard anything and my application was complete in November 2015! Yikes, what a wait...

@alyssak112 I messaged them on their website to speak to their admission office. I got so tired of waiting. But they were able to tell me that i was still under consideration and later that day, my status was changed to pending interview. Good luck everyone!

So, I went to the COPD interview the other day and it was not at all what I expected. It really wasn't much of an interview at all, but more of an information session. The facilitator was a faculty member, and he spent about 30 minutes speaking about the curriculum and field placements. Then we went around and introduced ourselves; it was me and five others. He just asked us to say where we got our bachelors from, what major, talk about what we are currently doing, and to talk as much or little as we want about why we chose to go into social work. Then he answered our questions for about 30 minutes and lastly we had to give a writing sample in response to an article. That was it. I was so nervous and did so much prep work, but it was a breeze. The only unsettling thing is that it is impossible to gauge whether you did "well" or not, because there wasn't much opportunity to do anything. It was definitely a nice experience, though. The facilitator was kind, put at us ease, and was happy to answer all of our questions. I really liked the other applicants, everyone had really different experiences so it was nice to hear about that. 

Well, I just wanted to share my experience in case anyone is nervous about the interview and wants to have an idea of what to expect. I'm not sure if the interview is different depending on the facilitator, but that's how mine went. Now I just have to wait... Hopefully not for long!