Getting Into a Top PhD Programs- Should I take a year off or do a Masters? Help Please!

ResearchLife

On 5/28/2016 at 10:50 AM, ResearchLife said:

Thank You Everyone for their comments they were very helpful! I have decided to not take the master and continue working in the same lab! Hopefully this time next year I will be going into a PhD program!

Happy to hear it! I personally think you made a great choice. Best of luck in all your endeavors!

Edited by MastersHoping

On 7/1/2016 at 1:59 PM, ResearchLife said:

i choose not to do the Master program, I have taken a year off doing more research and will be applying in september to PhD programs! 

Good luck!

Edited by aberrant

Hey everyone another question! 

So I did a undergraduate honors thesis in the field of cancer biology and how exosomes plays a role in cancer metastasis. This was a wet lab experience and in a PhD program I want to focus on cancer research for my thesis. I received Highest Honors for my Thesis and was wondering if doing this would be beneficial for my application or does everyone who applies have this?