Should I send my scores on the day of the test?

Clinpsyc01

I can't decide if I should send my scores when I write the GRE tomorrow. It would save me $140 (I'm Canadian), but I'm not very confident that I'll get a decent writing score. I would love to save the money but I'm terrified that I'll send my scores and then find out that I bombed the writing section. 

Do you think it's worth it to take the risk? What did you do?

17 hours ago, hsrnl said:

I can't decide if I should send my scores when I write the GRE tomorrow. It would save me $140 (I'm Canadian), but I'm not very confident that I'll get a decent writing score. I would love to save the money but I'm terrified that I'll send my scores and then find out that I bombed the writing section. 

Do you think it's worth it to take the risk? What did you do?

I would send my scores because even if you end up taking the GRE for a better score, it won't hurt your chances at grad programs.

Some grad schools look at all of your multiple GREs and rank you positively for any score improvements (e.g., Michigan). Other schools look at all your scores and consider the best section scores from different sittings (e.g., Yale).

So, on net, send your scores tomorrow. If you do well, that's great; if not, you can retake the test and resend your scores without adverse impact on your application.

My source for the above is this PowerScore blog on multiple GRE scores.