Rhetoric at UC Berkeley

Has anyone applied for the rhetoric program at UC Berkeley? I am from China and has submitted my application for the 10fall semester. So far, no feedback or information. Anyone, would like to share? Many thanks!

I applied for a PhD in Rhetoric (film track). I've heard nothing yet. I think something will come in the mail around mid-late February according to last years results posted right here on the gradcafe.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I'll vouch for that - a friend of mine in Rhetoric at Berkeley told me yesterday afternoon that they had called their admits last week, quite early this year. Best of luck with everything guys - I haven't gotten any word either way yet for my apps (Brown and Yale German)!

There's certainly the possibility of a short list of alternates, but I'd assume rejection at this point if you haven't heard anything. Applicants were notified last Thursday by phone.

Edited by bnibs

There's certainly the possibility of a short list of alternates, but I'd assume rejection at this point if you haven't heard anything. Applicants were notified last Thursday by phone.

Is this just for Rhetoric? What about English?

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't really feel like starting a whole new topic just to ask this question, so I thought I would just post it in a Berkeley thread, even though it pertains to the English program.

It may be in bad form to ask this, but I've noticed a whole helluva lot of people who have been rejected at Berkeley mentioning in the results thread that the rejection letter they received was particularly tactless. I'm just terribly curious to know how bad it can be to prompt that many people to note in their results posting how bad the Berkeley rejection letter was. Anyone who's not too sore about the whole thing want to enlighten me?