Academic vitae vs Resume vs CV

Hi all,

Most of the school's I'm applying to require either a resume or cv and one asks for an academic vitae. (Applying to Communication depts) I've been out of school for a while so my resume is tailored to the business world (if anyone wants help with that, let me know)

But not sure how to format these documents for academia.

Do I write every class I've ever taken? Should I have a summary of my research interests?.... 

What is an academic vitae anyway??

:(

Thought this would be the easy part of the application but seems harder than I thought, maybe I'm just over thinking...

I can not speak to a vitae, as I have not had to create one for myself yet, however, an academic resume really just focuses attention on your research, publications, degrees, skills as they relate to acadamea, etc. It really is meant to give the school a well rounded image of you and how you plan to be successful in their academic/research program.

For my academic resume, I list my honors capstones and independant research projects, my degree, teaching assistantships, and honor societies as well as skills as they relate to being successful in graduate study. (If I had publications, I would list them as well)

I hope this helps!