GRE Scores - PHD in Education

crazynanc

I just took the GRE's and scored a 158v and 151q. The quant is around what I expected but the verbal much lower than I had been getting on practice exams (162 - 163 range).

I'm planning on applying for PHD in higher education. I have 6 years experience in higher ed and a masters with thesis already. School's I'm looking at include Johns Hopkins, University of Maryland, University of Virginia, Washington University, and my reach school, Harvard.

What are my chances with these scores? Should I retake them? A lot of schools have Dec. 1st as the deadline and I won't be able to retake it until mid Nov.

• 1 month later...

Hello. I just applied for the P.h.D in Education at Rutgers and I'm not sure if what I got is enough.

I recently took the GRE and scored Verbal 159, Quantitative 145 and Writing 3. At the TOEFL, since Im not from the USA, I scored 101. I'm in my last semester at college, B.A in History, and I've also done an internship in the last 18 months as an Assistant Teacher in a High School. Is that enough?