Do I have to tailor the whole SoP individually?

Of course I should talk about how each individual school fits my interests, but how I wanted to pursue my field in the first place is the same. I'm applying for a Master's, btw, so I'm not sure if name-dropping professors would do me any good, unless it actually would.

Your interests are your interests and your background is your background. That won't change from statement to statement. If you have diverse interests you might consider picking some subset that is more appropriate for a particular school, and that might require some tailoring for each school. Other than that, what most people do is have a "fit" paragraph(s) that changes by school and otherwise most of the rest of the statement remains the same. The fit paragraph is where you explain why you are applying to Awesome U specifically to study what you want to study; often that would include naming the actual professors you want to work with. That's not name-dropping, though. You should carefully think about who you mention and only discuss those professors whose interests overlap with yours and would support your research, and explain why that is. You might also mention facilities or resources, particular courses, possible collaborations with other departments or universities nearby, or anything else that draws you to that particular school.