Manuscript accepted and now in press, should I update ad-com?

CoffeeFueledAnxiety

I co-authored a research manuscript that was just very recently got accepted for publication on an open access journal with an IF of 4.5. This will be my first publication and I mentioned briefly the fact that I was working on it in my SOP. Now that the paper is still in press and not yet officially published, should I give an update to the programs whence I haven't heard anything from? Will it matter?

Thanks!

Edited by CoffeeFueledAnxiety

Dear [whoever], I recently had a paper accepted for publication with [journal], and wonder if it would be possible to pass this update along to the admissions committee. I attach here my updated CV, which shows the full details concerning this publication. Thank you, and I look forward to hearing from you soon, -me. 

(In other words, no need to attach the paper, just tell them briefly that the paper has been accepted and send them an updated CV. If you didn't submit a CV, add instead the full details of the paper to the email.)