Template for Title page

Hello,

I will participate in a student's contest. I have to write an article. They are asking for a cover page. Does it have to be a "regular" cover page for school assignments or is there a specific format? Does anyone have a template for that?

TY

If there is a specific format, it'd be specific to that contest. Ask them. If not, whatever you do (that meets the requirements) will be fine. If the paper itself is anonymized for the judgment phase, all the cover page is used for is to match up the paper with the author. 

10 minutes ago, Adelaide9216 said:

Also, do you have any advice in terms of getting a first article published for the first time ever ?

My main advice is to talk to an advisor who knows the work. You'll want to pick an appropriate venue for the work (which journal is the highest ranked journal you could target such that it accepts work in your area and your work is good enough to (hopefully) be accepted there?). You want to look at other papers there for style and content, and read the instructions to authors on formatting, length requirements, and such. Then you'll probably need to go through several rounds of writing and editing with your advisor. If this was a thesis or course paper, you'll need to streamline and probably reduce the amount of space you spend on the lit review. You might need to change how you situate the paper in the context of the literature, or how you talk about the results. It's hard to know what more to say without seeing the paper/work, which is why you need someone on the ground to help you get started. The first projects you'll do will be slow and hard(er), but with time you'll improve and get faster. You might also want to start by finding presentation venues for the work, to workshop the presentation and get feedback on the ideas. Those could be locally at your university or at conferences. If those conferences have proceedings, that's another good way to get started with the writing process before you move on to a full-length article. 

The article is going to be a case study. I am working on the intro at the moment. What's the typical structure of a journal article that's based on a case study in the social sciences? I can't seem to find examples online.