Jump to content

Tweedledumb

Members
  • Posts

    82
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tweedledumb

  1. Re: GRE stuff I took the new version a couple of years ago, fully intending to study, but never got around to it. That being said, I still got a 160 (equivalent to 600 on the old test), so not terrible. I'm taking the subject test in April, but I'm probably not going to study for it either...Should I study and retake the general portion?
  2. Wow, that's really useful, thank you!
  3. I'm just throwing this out there since you're in Missouri right now -- Missouri State has several fully funded TAs available each semester for their MA programs in the English Department. I think getting the MA first is worth it for the experience and networking, but I wouldn't be doing it if I wasn't funded...
  4. Semicolon2013: Have you considered getting your MA first? I had straight Cs in my required science courses as an undergrad, so my GPA was not stellar (like 3.33) but I was accepted into a Master's program where my GPA is now a 4.0. Spending the time to get the MA has been helpful and it helps pad my unfortunate BA grades.
  5. Thank you proflorax, I will definitely look into Maryland's program!
  6. Ok...I know I can't be the only one whose interests are too broad for the main programs available in English studies. I'm looking to apply for PhD programs for Fall 2014. I'll have my BA in Lit and MA in Writing: Comp/Rhet, but I have no idea what programs to apply for. I'm leaning toward Comp/Rhet -- but has anyone come across a program that combines history and writing/lit studies? I love lit and writing but I get truly excited about my studies when I can look into ancient or Renaissance cultures and their texts. That being said, I don't even know what kind of programs to look for -- help?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use