Jump to content

Tweedledumb

Members
  • Posts

    82
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tweedledumb

  1. Mine shows that my Graduate Transcript is missing, but not my Undergraduate (they're from the same institution and would've been in the same envelope), so for that I'm assuming since I haven't graduated yet they aren't counting my Graduate Transcript as complete. Otherwise all other items show complete, but it does say they take 2-4 weeks to update the system, so maybe that's the hold up with yours?
  2. Wow...thanks for that! lol
  3. I might have mentioned it before but I don't feel like re-reading all my posts, so, Missouri State offers English GTAs for MAs with tuition waivers and $8k stipends. You teach two FYC classes a semester with the option to teach higher courses in your second year. They give out up to 15 or so GTAs each fall.
  4. Random thought: Is it just me or do the majority of people seem to be swapping their Verbal/Quantitative scores on the Results Board? I know I accidentally switched my numbers when submitting a result, but it seems like others are having the same issue. I get so confused by these Quantitative geniuses who are accepted to English programs with average Verbal scores
  5. Haha I hope not because I definitely Googled myself last week to see what they'd find if they did decide to look me up. Nothing too exciting though, so I don't think it would help me and it definitely wouldn't hurt me.
  6. I think it's very likely they Google us. Why wouldn't they? There's so much information to be had on the internet now they'd almost be silly not to do a prelim search on their best candidates. The Chronicle article you posted in the other thread about overeager applicants had a comment from a professor who monitors GradCafe, so it's not much of a leap to assume they monitor Google as well.
  7. This just killed any and all self confidence I had left lol but it sounds like you'll all be fine
  8. That's what I thought, since most are located in English departments I could understand looking at the rankings, but Rhet/Comp makes decisions completely separately from English apps. It's a weird sort of limbo to be in.
  9. I realize this is naive, but where do you look to find these rankings? I didn't apply based on rank at all, just to schools I thought were a good fit/program...
  10. It's pretty laid back and fun. I went to Portland last year and had a great time.
  11. I just read Less than Zero by Brett Easton Ellis, which was weird, but all of his stuff his weird.
  12. The main page says pending and then if you click on "show more information" there's a blurb near the bottom that says "your app is in review...blah blah blah" So it says both
  13. That's my best friend So excited for her! *does happy dance*
  14. Hmm...I use the word "safety" and this is my first round of PhD apps, but I'm not using it in a way that means I have a better chance of getting in there over another program. I use it kind of like "safety in numbers," like my last application was to a "safety" school just so that I had another application out there. I'm not making a lot of sense, too much caffeine, but I'm not at all confident that I'll get into any program -- so my use of "safety" is just comforting knowing I have 15 apps out there and hopefully one pans out. *end ramble*
  15. Thanks for the heads up; I'll give them a call!
  16. I saw that this was for Irvine, but I have also sent my GRE scores to Berkeley twice now and they still aren't showing as "received" -- maybe it's just a UC thing?
  17. If you're still thinking about adding more, I saw the other day that Georgia State moved their deadline to February 15th. I don't know much about your side of the English program though (I'm Comp/Rhet).
  18. My favorite professor said: "You're going to get so many acceptances -- don't even worry about that!" I don't want to say she was being naive, but...
  19. I've been told the same mixture -- though everyone was too nice to tell me that I wouldn't get any acceptances, but they said the "at least one" bit. I guess I'm really only checking the boards because Ohio State started notifying (and I'm well aware that because I haven't gotten one I'm not a first round pick), but I'm really just looking for the rejection to come through lol
  20. I also have a MacBook Pro, and if I ever get another laptop I'd look into the Air. My Pro is kind of heavy for my meager muscles...but it's been very durable. I'm not exactly easy on it.
  21. I just really appreciate this comment. Excellent advice.
  22. Haha if you're crazy, we're all crazy. I'm obsessively checking all the schools that have ever notified this early, even the ones that I have no chance of getting into. I JUST WANT TO KNOW!!! lol
  23. I've been intentionally absent from the GC since September, but I'm throwing my lot in and wishing everyone the best of luck now that notifications are starting to come in. I've agonized over this process for the better part of a year and I'm relieved to be able to say all of my apps are done. I'm not terribly confident in my chances, but I've learned a great deal for next year's round of apps. Now I'm going to go check the results board for the millionth time today...
  24. So me and my partner are both finishing up our MA program in Rhet/Comp and we're looking to apply to PhD programs next fall ('14). The thing is, we need to be close to each other. Like, it's a must. So our question is: are there any programs likely to admit both of us and/or programs really close by so that we can live in between the schools? We're looking at mostly top two tier schools, but also lesser known ones. Has this worked out for anyone else? Also, no homo.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use