Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About ImagineMe

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Not Telling
  • Location
    West Indies
  • Application Season
    2014 Fall
  • Program
    Criminology Phd
  1. I'll definitely be there! Can hardly wait
  2. Thanks TakeruK! My assistanship stipend will certainly cover my expenses especially if they extrapolate my first year funding for the duration of my Phd. I can also demonstrate funding for my dependents for the first year ( but certainly not 5 years!). I anticipate that after the first year my spouse would have received work authorisation and secured a job by then. I certainly hope my dream doesnt have to end on this note. I will definitely keep you all posted when the university responds to my request for clarification!
  3. Thanks so much for you response. It helps to know I'm not going through this alone. I honestly thought the hard part of the process was over until I was faced with this dilemma. Best of luck to you!
  4. Hi guys: I was recently accepted to my top school with a tutition waiver and assistanstship offer. My spouse and minor child will be accompanying me to the US while I pursue my studies. Since my husband will most certainly want to work, I have decided to request forms for the J1 visa. I have noticed however that one of the requirements for issuing the DS2019 form for J2 dependents is proof of financial support for the duration of the Phd program. This seems a little strange. My Phd program will likely take a minimum of 4 years to complete. If the annual cost of living for my dependents is determined by the University to be $20,000.00 am I required to show funds of $80,000.00 for the form to be issued? I emailed the school but have yet to receive a reply. Could any of you please shed some light on this before Iose my mind? Your thoughts/experiences on this would be really appreciated.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.