Jump to content

CezanneCezanne

Members
  • Posts

    13
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by CezanneCezanne

  1. Your sub-field, individual research, and most importantly POI will have a huge impact on this! While of course many of the schools already mentioned are at the zenith for many sub fields and are excellent across the board, I would be careful not to generalize too quickly into a "top 10" when so much of what actually matters is entirely unique to you. Other schools worth throwing in to the mix of "these are among the very best schools, and could be absolute top if the fit for you is right" might include: Cornell, Brown, and MIT (HTC). Also, the level of funding is key—you can probably tell what the best programs are by looking at who offers the best funding packages. Best of luck! Try not too feel too nervous—it will all work out!
  2. Thank you, helpful to know about the Reddit spreadsheet—I wasn't aware of that. Hoping for the best for both of us!
  3. Has anyone who interviewed with Harvard still waiting to hear back? I figure they just haven't released decisions yet, but it'd be nice to check in
  4. Williams definitely does, but they do a couple waves of interviews—you may not have been in the first one.
  5. I saw there was an interview recently posted on the results thread for the Williams MA. I interviewed with them as part of my admissions process a few years ago and imagine they likely haven't changed their process. (Edit: they reached out to me regarding interviewing on Feb. 15th during the cycle I applied, so don't lose hope yet!)
  6. What's up y'all. If you're reading this and staring down the long and terrible (and ultimately rewarding!) road that is completing a graduate application, I salute you and wish you the very best of luck. I have seen numerous requests on this form looking for advice on writing a strong statement of purpose for graduate school applications, and wanted to provide a link to Brown University's webpage addressing this very topic: https://hiaa.brown.edu/phd-program/graduate-admissions. It's an incredible resource, and I couldn't recommend it enough. (Scroll down to where it says "Resources for a Successful Graduate Application | HIAA faculty have compiled these helpful links to aid you in the process of completing a graduate application. ") You've got this!
  7. I work on American art/visual culture and its intersections with the life + physical sciences, so looking at schools with faculty strong in interdisciplinary methodologies + maybe a few history of science programs for fun! What about you? Thanks for posting this thread!
  8. Applying for my PhD this time around—oh boy, here we go again
  9. The University of Arkansas has a fully funded (tuition + livable stipend) Art History MA in Arts of the Americas. I'd recommend checking it out if that area of study is relevant to your research interests!
  10. Of course! I got into that program and Williams last application cycle, so if you have questions about either let me know!
  11. I just wanted to drop in and say that you may also want to look into the University of Arkansas' new MA in art history—it is fully funded just like Williams!
  12. Hey! I did my undergraduate degree at UW and really loved it. If you have any particular questions that I can answer I'd be happy to talk about it more! Since you're studying early modern Europe, I imagine you'll probably spend a lot of time working with Estelle Lingo. She is so wonderful, and one of the main reasons why I got so into the field of art history in the first place! I haven't seen anyone else post about it yet, but I heard back from Williams last Thursday about scheduling an interview with them - is anyone else in the same boat? Hope everyone is doing well, and best of luck!
  13. I looked back at last year's results on this forum, and it looks like there were no interviews - I'm not 100% sure though! And no, I haven't heard anything yet either. Best of luck to all.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use