Jump to content

prufrock_

Members
  • Posts

    255
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    22

Everything posted by prufrock_

  1. I'm sure you're fine! (also this is why i'm refusing to double check any of my apps lol, i know i missed something or another)
  2. A Syracuse poetry rejection just hit. 🤔not sure what to make of this???
  3. Sorry! It's a character flaw of mine! This week I'll join your optimism and hope for a JHU fiction result. Next week I'll be hoping for: Cornell and a Minnesota waitlist. After that, the flood gates open and who knows! It looks like most of yours are pretty late notifiers, though naropa might be a wild card.
  4. Expecting UWY results soon seems a bit too optimistic imo, their deadline was just a couple of weeks ago. I'd guess that rejection from last year was an outlier from someone who maybe didn't even finish their app or something.
  5. heck ya!! grats!
  6. this just went off and scared me during a work meeting 😅 Oregon fiction responses going out! (Grats hideonbush if you're here!!!)
  7. I'm not sure if I'm now enlightened or full on degenerate but i made a python script that automatically pulls the draft sheet every 5 minutes and plays a big cow moo if any new lines have been added. at least now i can work without manually refreshing the sheet every minute?
  8. I agree with you that the third week of Feb is probably going to have the most movement. I hope things start ramping up though!
  9. another quiet week. Next week should be a flood. weekend notifications are rare but not impossible. I don't think a lot will drop this weekend, but a few might trickle in.
  10. i suppose we don't know 100% -- they could still be rolling out. But the way I see it: not every acceptance is gonna show up on the list. Some people don't know about it or some don't report every movement, so it'll never be a full data set. Since over half of the available spots are reported as accepted, it's very likely all have gone out. waitlists for minnesota should go out in a single wave in a week or two, if patterns of the last few years stay true.
  11. me, knowing minnesota has sent out all acceptances, yet still manually refreshing gmail just in case they forgot little ol' me
  12. yes, based on the last 4 years of draft data, Iowa gives a phone call for acceptances. They start around mid to late feb.
  13. I wouldn't worry about it; acceptance is done via phone call, but the rejection is over snail mail. So if they're looking for your address and notice it's missing on the form, it's probably not going to change their decision by that point. Then yeah, I think they'd pull the digital form and mail it that way!
  14. Fiction wait lists are out for UIUC, so I'd assume all acceptances are out as well. I picked up a wait list spot, which feels nice as my first result! of course it's so subjective i could still get 16 rejections lol, but it gives me a glimmer of hope for this round.
  15. Directors and chairs and heads and committees all change over time, so there's nothing set in stone for any of these programs re:dates imo. The only date we can really count on is april 15th (and even that is not a hard and fast rule as much as it's a guideline) my wild speculation is that Illinois hasn't done admissions yet and probably will next week. 50/50 that ohio has and asked people to keep quiet or by some bad luck everyone who got in aren't as plugged into these communities as we are.
  16. Emerson is a strange one to lie about; it's not fully funded and has a larger incoming cohort size. I suspect its acceptance rate is probably 20%+
  17. i sat down to write a serious literary novel that could be the seeds of my thesis. but after only 1k words, sexy ghosts started showing up. my minds too mushy until this process ends to be serious.
  18. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH sorry, just wanted to shout; it's still been too quiet lately.
  19. a google sheet called 'MFA Draft Notification Data', then on the 2024 tab someone said it in 'other notes'. I think it does since it's such a subjective process. Urban legends is someone applied to many schools just to get denied by everyone... except Brown. so yeah, worth doing the 'many' approach i think, as long as they're a good fit for you.
  20. most funded programs are in the single digits for prose, usually under 5. The main exception being iowa. Poets and writers is a good resource for accurate numbers, via their 'MFA Programs Database' page.
  21. based off last year draft reponses: 200 fiction applications, 4 accepted (10 shortlisted total) last year a lot of programs said they received many more applications than normal. we don't know yet if that is a new normal or an outlier.
  22. Yeah, also possible accepted peeps aren't on draft etc.
  23. good list! I'll add Rutgers-Camden (January 24). Also note Western Kentucky isn't fully funded (I was admitted last year with no funding and declined; I tried to find out how their funding works but never got a response. I'm not sure if it's 5 funded per cohort or 5 total in the whole program, nor if it's competitive each year). edit: also it's been so quiet!
  24. I'm glad the letter of recommendation system acts as a kind of limiter, otherwise i'd be right there with yall impulse applying to even more! Most of us are already applying to more programs than what's considered normal, but maybe what's considered 'normal' is rising each round since each round has more applicants.
  25. yeah the waiting process is tough, but it's also the only thing that has motivated me to unsubscribe my email from everything that's not important to my life any longer. my poor heart can't take an email notification just for it to be junk!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use