prufrock_
Members-
Posts
255 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
22
Everything posted by prufrock_
-
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
reduce the P line once you get an answer. to me the p stands for pending. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
is the program fully funded? Having 2+ years to focus on reading and writing will get you closer to publishing, no matter what else happens. I don't think getting into any program is going to make you published. creativewritingmfa.info/rankings/ - this website ranks programs based on published output (with a focus on short work). This might feel you a little less scared if the program is on there? -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
ditto re: U of W-Madison. It's kind of them to send rejections and acceptances on the same day though! -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Looks like most acceptances/waitlists have gone out for UW Madison; i'm going to assume I'm rejected there at this point. That means i'm 'unoffically offically' rejected from: UW Madison alabama u of oregon WE MARCH ON! -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
yoooooooo!!!!!! that's massive!!! congrats! Was that your top choice?? -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Congrats, that's such a wonderful program! I hope you get in. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
I just realized the 2023 draft notification spreadsheet has no data submitted before 2/24! Hard to get a great sense of what movement was last year due to this. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
I agree, 2/15 mixed with 'post awp week' felt like we would see tons of movement. We'll just have to be a bit more patient, but it's tough! -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Yes, that's how I read their website. I did notice yesterday they removed the phase 2 notification that was up from 2022 from their website, I'm guessing in preparation of posting that 2024 version tomorrow. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
We have almost as many pages as the 2023 MFA thread in total and we're not even into the middle of February. I think we're an especially anxious bunch! -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
After submitting all my apps, I read Crime and Punishment for the first time (and it was my first of the Russian Greats). It made my writing feel vapid and shallow and I wished I could do everything over. But! Times still regrettably linear. And now i'm going to read more of Dostoevsky, see what I can't steal for my next project. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Schrödinger's waiting period. We're having to prepare for two drastically outcomes in life, one of which is true and one is not. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
I heard through the grapevine that I got into Arkansas phase 2 and I spent most of the day anxiously waiting for the official email. None yet! Looks like a few people on Draft have the same experience. I wonder if they will send out acceptances once it's all sorted, rather than notifying applicants of round two progression. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
I was rejected from washu as well! Yay! I haven't heard back from U of Oregon, but I am expecting a rejection in a mass wave sometime this week or next. I think all acceptances and waitlists for them have gone out. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Yeah these were my dream list of schools but I removed them last minute in my application process after looking over my undergrad transcripts, hahah. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Looks like a lot of alabama acceptances/waitlists went out yesterday, but nothing hit my email! I was really excited or that one, gonna start mourning it now though. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
You got Syracuse, my top one! I guess it goes to show how relative and subjective this process is; if I got into Syracuse, no rejections would sting at all, because i'd already have won. I keep thinking 'i only need one acceptance'. I'm never going to get into all that I applied for. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
someone on draft posted they got an acceptance with an email just saying 'check portal' so it's definitely worth it to check! -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
i didn't fill out a fasfa at all? considering i'm only applying to fully funded programs, is a fasfa needed for that? -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
just got the wash u in st lou rejection. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
Fiction, someone also just posted on draft they got notified for poetry. thanks! IDK how many people move from phase 2 to admission, but it does feel like a good sign -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i just got an email from ole miss saying I'm in round 2!!!! -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
yes, that's what i meant, hah! also! Grats on whoever listed their WashU acceptance!! I applied there, it looks great! -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
wow, emailing the director of JHU and personally asking they were declined is a rather bold move. -
2024 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
prufrock_ replied to LivingUnderABigRock's topic in Literary
yeah, interesting, last year their round 2 notifications went out end of jan, with actual acceptances hitting end of feb. I suppose it's possible round 2 already went out, but no one here or in draft got past round 1, but i hope not!
