I think I became a little concerned because I was reading some publications by current students at a certain school, and I did not really... resonate with any of it? It made me feel kind of bad/sad.
Then I looked at a professor's work at Michigan and was like, oh my god, this is exactly the kind of writing I want to do. But maybe it would be strange to be taught by someone who writes in the style/voice that you do? Maybe I would start to emulate her too closely? Just overthinking....
I also rapidly applied to another school with a 15 Jan deadline (Univ of Idaho) to keep the demons away, lol. I'd love to get into one program, of course, but two would be nice so I could at least have a point of comparison and make a more informed choice.
Other Jan 15 deadlines-- UNLV, Boise.... maybe Irvine or Riverside?
Sorry, I've read so many posts that I can't keep anything straight! I'm proactively (perhaps full of delusion) thinking of/ imagining getting into a program and then wanting to move. Just because there seem to be so many unknowns.
Lol, me too. I only applied to two schools and one seems to get back to people early and the other very late, so I feel like I'll just have a large wasteland of time when I'm living on gradcafe.
I know... I think I partly posted just because I want to be part of this old-school-feeling site and part of an old thread that future people comb through.
Hi everyone! I've been spending my weekend reading threads from past years. I feel like I know some of these people now... I kind of miss them, weirdly.