strawberrymatcha
Members-
Posts
72 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by strawberrymatcha
-
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
manifesting some news from them this week…🕯️🕯️🕯️ I don’t think I realized how desperate I would feel this time around? like. I want this so badly that my body feels like I need it lol -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
I feel that ugh, just 1 more month of this limbo hopefully🥲 -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
it looks like a uc davis rejection dropped today, is anyone else waiting to hear back from them? -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
for poetry? for fiction it looks like they come out early March unless I’m missing something! -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
I’ve been thinking this but am trying to stay hopeful haha, last year it looks like there were enough waitlists on draft that it seems pretty unlikely that there wouldn’t have at least been one? (especially since there were roughly the same number of acceptances) as a side question, do y'all feel like it’s been more helpful (personally) to have a positive/hopeful mindset or more of a “I probably won’t get in but if I do it’d be nice” mindset? I’ve definitely been fluctuating between the two… -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
also, does anyone know if there have been waitlists for minnesota or davis yet? -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
anyone else still waiting to hear back from Madison? -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
definitely agree with everyone!! not 100% sure if it’s true but iirc on GradCafe last year someone said that some schools still had to individually queue up emails which is why they had to send them in batches… but it’s 2026 lol so I really hope they change that -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
Congrats to everyone who’s heard back so far!! Really hoping UMich and UW come through today! (although UW sent out notifs on Saturday last year so it might be an interesting Valentine’s day tomorrow…) -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
totally feel this too! like everyone else is saying, I’ve been trying to remind myself that we’re just at the beginning of it all (I’ve only heard back from 2/15 schools) and you just need 1! it’d definitely be nice to be able to jump forward in time though and avoid the painful wait😅 -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
I think last year they came out mid-late March! -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
I feel that, I’ve been living on do not disturb lately to curb the anxiety🥲 it’s also interesting that UMich said the week of 2/11 instead of 2/9? -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
maybe this is me just being overly hopeful, but it looks like there were more waitlists than acceptances the previous year (at least for minnesota), so it seems odd that we’d only see acceptances this year🤔 -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
same here! I’m guessing they do batches or something, though it’d definitely be better for our collective stress levels if they could send them out en masse😅 (last year JHU took a month to send all their rejections which was fun) -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
I’ve also been wondering, seems kinda late for them? -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
I’ve been thinking this too! It definitely varies, I know last year some schools got delayed because of the funding cuts and since that hasn’t gotten better it might still have an effect? (especially with everything else going on in the US🥲) -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
Last year I got my rejection on Thursday the first week of February and iirc they came out the day after the acceptances! so fingers crossed for it being today -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
Northwestern and UC Davis!! fingers crossed🤞🏼 -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
speaking of northwestern, how likely do y’all think it’ll be that they’ll still take a similar number of applicants this year (given that they deferred their cohort last year)? -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
this is my second round! while I did feel a bit self-conscious at first, like everyone else has said it’s very normal for applicants to apply multiple years in a row. and I think having 6 months(ish) to look critically at my materials from last year, particularly my SOP, gave me the space I needed to put together a better application this year! another unexpected benefit was that the last round gave me more insight into what I wanted from an MFA. there were certain programs that I didn’t really feel sad about getting rejected from, which was good indicator that I didn’t need to reapply to them this year😅 -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
totally feel this too😭 it looks like last year they sent out waitlists the week after and rejections a month later lol thank you for sharing and sorry that it didn’t pan out last year that’s odd that they never let you know one way or another! -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
thank you for all the advice, this is very helpful!! and I hope you feel better soon :”) -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
I did and it looks like other folks did as well, maybe they’re just starting to go over applications? -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
does anyone know what the best practices for waitlists are? I got waitlisted at UIUC earlier this month and sent them an email letting them know I was still interested, but now I’m starting to worry that I might’ve missed something else! (I could very well also just be going a bit stir crazy due to the pause before additional results come out…) -
2026 Creative Writing MFA Applicants Forum
strawberrymatcha replied to seezeegee's topic in Literary
hmm does anyone know if they usually send out all genres on the same day?
