Jump to content

BowelMovement

Members
  • Posts

    48
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by BowelMovement

  1. am I tweaking or are Columbia decisions unusually late this cycle
  2. @jka0124 Hi Jess! If you don't mind me asking, did you get a call from NYU MFA when you got accepted? I'm only curious because I saw in the FB discussion that you mentioned a 28k package that you got, but then this other NYU student said that the standard funding is only half tuition remission (I'm assuming no stipend). So now I'm wondering if I still have a chance of getting a package like yours if I didn't get the call but only received the email (also, was this half tuition remission + 28k stipend or full tuition remission + 28k stipend?) This is a huge issue for me, as I'm sure it is for many others, because I won't be able to attend if I only get half remission...You don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable though!
  3. If by fellowship you mean the full funding positions I think they've sent out both? I got the generic acceptance email that says funding info would be released this week, and I'm pretty sure I don't have the full funding package (as much as I'm feining for one right now) because from what I've read online they always call those people first thing (and they did a while back according to the sheets).
  4. This! Manifesting BU, Iowa, and Columbia poetry decisions next week for closure...
  5. @ocurlyfries I'm late to the conversation but, like you've said to me before, we are in this together! I'm typing this while looking like pepe the frog because of how puffy my eyes have gotten from constantly crying because of this cruel cruel process. We need to be brave and keep going. As Alysa Liu says, what is there to lose? Every moment you're here you gain something!
  6. columbia where art thou...
  7. On 2/23, 5 people on the draft (3 fiction, 1 poetry, 1 nonfiction) got interview requests, so I'm assuming that anyone that hasn't gotten anything so far are just rejected (which, of course, includes your truly)
  8. Garfield's Lasagna in the sheets, if you are seeing this, I am so proud of you!!!
  9. big green coat is literally the poetry version of miffy i can't
  10. are bu rejections staggered??? why did they stop😭
  11. what's your letter hermione
  12. Yup last year people got rejected in mid March which was actually diabolical, so I'm not expecting much from them
  13. Do they drop all A's at once? God this is like Michener all over again for me
  14. This is slightly unrelated, but I have been checking my mailbox every single day for an Iowa letter even though I'm a poetry applicant and even though I know they won't be here until March. My heart rate gets super high just by being in close proximity to the mailbox and I guess that's my daily cardio exercise. Anyway I find a new way to torture myself every day:)
  15. Nope that's my cousin I am just "BowelMovement"
  16. I think it's because everyone in the program gets different funding packages. The biggest funding package (Goldwater fellowship, I think) comes out first, and then the others trickle in.
  17. First NYU acceptance logged on draft sheet! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  18. Are we expecting the first wave of Columbia and NYU this week! I really can't wait to get all this over with regardless of the results. Also I love how JHU just completely disappeared like???
  19. Has anyone or does anyone know someone who has been rejected almost everywhere but somehow got like one or two acceptances in the end? February is fucking me sideways so far (as you will see below in my signature and that's not including the 2 soft R's at ND and JHU) and it's difficult to believe that i have any chance at anything after seeing the results. I'm also a senior in college right now taking some of the most challenging classes in my major and taking all these rejections simultaneously is actually so disheartening that I can't really focus on anything at all...
  20. Looking at last year's decision reports it looks like waitlists and rejections are sent out at the same time through email?
  21. Last name L, anyone? Update: Denied:)
  22. did umich just stop...can't even get my R in peace fr
  23. we can't give up yet gang‼️at least wait until we see the R's roll in on the sheet
  24. I see waitlists for Vandy and Madison, but no rejections from UMich for far!
  25. user big green coat on a roll here damn i'm lowk so jealous but congratulations😭
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use