Jump to content

arghgradapps

Members
  • Posts

    54
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    3

Everything posted by arghgradapps

  1. the way I've been doing it is just whittling things down one by one. i always email a waitlist to tell them as soon as I feel I have an offer I'd rather take. It feels the most fair to me as a wait-lister myself. definitely don't worry about burning bridges, this happens all the time. it's sooooo natural to change your mind. so maybe don't commit to that one school just yet, but email those other waitlists to say you're no longer interested. see how you feel when you hear back from those other schools, your reaction might surprise you. but maybe cut that one waitlist loose if you're feeling that you'd rather take your current offer anyway. that's just what i would do i think.
  2. i kind of want to informally make my decision by April 1, and then if another comes up, I'll see what happens
  3. not to my knowledge. seems like they're really changing things up though. this was the longest wait period between acceptances and rejections for fiction, too.
  4. im assuming its based on tier. i feel like a dog that needs to be put down kindly with soft music playing...please iowa..just send the email
  5. i guess iowa is doing waves of email rejections based on tiers. who else is waiting for their untiered rejection lol?
  6. Montana seems like such a nice place to be! Congrats regardless.
  7. have u been told your rank on the waitlist yet?
  8. ugh i'm also on a few waitlists. really hoping things go well. which one's your top choice?
  9. hi goodoldneon! i'm a lurker sometimes but i was thinking about your wonderful recent acceptances! just curious as i've been waitlisted at a few of the schools you've been accepted to if you've made a formal decision yet (I really am just curious and very impressed with you. congratulations and i wish you all the very best next year :). hope you've had a good week!!!
  10. i would also love to hear some positive waitlist stories
  11. did any other Rutgers-Camden waitlisters get told they were in the "top section"? I want to be happy about this but I'm also thinking about the Temple waitlists on draft who all say they are high up lol. and I don't want to get my hopes up too much.
  12. still no iowa waitlists? guys I can't believe how drawn out this process has become for so many of the schools I applied to. i thought for sure i'd have heard back from most places by now. it's driving me insane.
  13. does anyone else wonder if that Brown acceptance on draft is legit? sorry if im coping rn i am absolutely expecting a rejection but i feel like rejections should be out by now!! for poetry it was a simple, three-day process. what is taking so long??!!
  14. your username is making me really want a strawberry matcha.
  15. confused why Brown didn't do rejections today? (fiction). I'm sure it's coming my way but still
  16. hi i have a question about emailing waitlisted programs - i see people say that in your follow-up emails you should ask questions but I dont know what kinds of questions to ask. to be honest ive done a lot of research into the programs and feel like i dont have any burning questions. i do really want to ask about the waitlist though LOL but is it acceptable to just ask about that?
  17. 🕯️do u guys think we will be hearing from anyone today🕯️
  18. a little annoyed about Rutgers-Camden...i feel like they should have just put the program on pause last year??? Instead of allowing deferrals AND letting other people think that we were all under equal consideration for seats and funding. SOOOO crazy to me. I want my money back tbh since I couldn't get a waiver from them.
  19. there's only one Rutgers-Camden Fiction result on draft, but a few nonfiction ones...do you guys think all fiction acceptances are coming out today?
  20. I was waitlisted 9 days ago and immediately sent an email says thanks and that they were my top choice, should a spot open up. Should I follow up asking if the waitlist is ranked? Or should I wait longer (and how long should I wait? mid-march?). Thank you!!! I am going crazy, as you can probably tell.
  21. i think the mods probably didn't want people disclosing their iowa acceptances so publicly on a thread like that and attracting lots of questions about decisions, apps, etc. but it did seem like a good handful were accepted so far, and that's only from draft data. but yes im definitely hoping for waitlist info soon!
  22. sorry to be the worst but do u think iowa is now over for real. it looks like there are a lot of people on draft discussing being added to an accepted group lol
  23. does anyone have ANY idea of how many people are on the WashU waitlist? plz plz plz and thanks
  24. very happy for you! wonderful to hear good news like this.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use