Jump to content

ComparativeScholar

Members
  • Posts

    37
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ComparativeScholar

  1. Also, I have been waitlisted at UC Davis Phd program. If anyone plans to choose other PhD programs; I would appreciate if you can notify the Department so that the department might also switch for waitlisted applicants.
  2. Hello everyone, I hope everyone has a good application cycle and for those who wait responses would get acceptance offers 😊 During previous cycles; there was a seperate section "Application Cycle: Profile & Lessons"; applicants sharing their profiles, experience and their overall results. It would be great if we can do the same as this application cycle went quite competitive and it can be also informative for applicants who would apply in Fall.
  3. Hello. I sent you message with my tiny advice 😊
  4. Hi everyone, wish you a nice weekend ahead πŸ™‚ I see some WashU waitlisted applicants who could get admission offers, are there anyone here who has been waitlisted but later received offer? I applied for Comparative Politics and I also wonder those who received offers from WashU; what is your major? I saw that many Phd students are from Economis BA or MA degrees there; that's why I would like to ask.
  5. Hi everyone; I hope we would hear more positive news in the upcoming weeks concerning our application results. I have one question as my friends wanted me to ask: What kind of paper you submitted as part of your writing sample during your applications; was that your MA Thesis or quant focused writing sample? He wonder whether Admission committees really read these writing sample in detailed way, namely whether intergrating advanced quant methods in the writing sample sends any positive signal for the admission committees? I had submitted a Machine learning paper for instance but I didnt see its clear benefit, to be honest πŸ™‚
  6. Hello everyone. Is there any UT Austin Political Science Phd program waitlisted applicants? Do you have any guess whether there is any move out of waitlisted applicants?
  7. Only three? Isnt it too few for this year?
  8. Maybe they were firstly being waitlisted there and afterwards, they received offer.
  9. I saw one applicant's post with 8 acceptance offers Seems that for some students, this application cycle goes quite successful πŸ™‚
  10. Hi everyone, I hope you are having good application cycles. I have one question: I never saw any acceptance results for University of Washington (Seattle) Political Science PhD program; only a few rejection posts. Are there any students who received offers from UWash-Seattle?
  11. Hi everyone. Asking for curiosity, I couldn't see any admission or rejection results from University of Washington, Seattle. Did the department announce something that they will not admit any cohort for Fall 2026 or something?
  12. Hi everyone. I have been waitlisted at UC Davis Political Science Program anf trying to assess my chances for receiving offer. Anyone who also received offer from UC Davis or waitlist response? Do you know to how many applicants UC Davis tends to send offers? I had heard that their cohort size was 9 students last year.
  13. University of Minnesota sends its waitlist results on the same day with rejections; maybe you might have been waitlisted.
  14. I do not think they would be able to give you feedback; I think they just add this for the sake of formality.
  15. Hi everyone. Anyone who received admission from University of California, Davis? I am International applicant and my application status is now Waitlisted; I wonder whether there is any applicant who could receive offer from UC Davis.
  16. I think that is possible; but for some Universities I assume usual timeline.
  17. Yes, you are right. I did apply there for Comparative Politics; particularly for voter behavior but I realized that the faculty predominantly focuses on Latin American Politics. It does not look like super competitive but it seems that it is more competitive than my guess. I saw one acceptance for Vanderbilt; from an American student who has around 3.96 Undergraduate GPA but other than that; I didnt see any acceptance posts.
  18. I also wait response from them but I don't think that they send their results in batches.
  19. Hi everyone. I have one question especially for American applicants: I have been seeing many posts from applicants whose both Undergraduate and MA Program GPAs are 4.0; or applicants whose Undergraduate GPAs are around 3.90-4.00. I am coming from a country wherein there is significant degree of grade deflation and graduating with almost full GPAs is not even possible in my home country. Do you have any idea on how admission committees evaluate these? Do you think they also take these country-specific factors into account or do they not too much focus on overall GPA?
  20. It seems that it was a wise decision for me to not apply for Brown University πŸ™‚
  21. I think they tend to announce their decisions for MA programs around mid or late March; as far as I remember.
  22. Anyone here who received admission from University of Δ°llinois urbana-champaign Phd program; especially for Comparative Politics?
  23. Hi everyone. I saw acceptance posts for University of Virginia; are there any applicants who received admission offer for Comparative Politics from University of Virginia?
  24. Firstly, I believe this is a good sign Most of the time, it is normal that professor who are not in the admission committees might have interviews with applicants. From which University did you receive this interview request?
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use