Jump to content

AnsuEmi

Members
  • Content Count

    9
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About AnsuEmi

  • Rank
    Decaf
  • Birthday 03/18/1990

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Female
  • Location
    Illinois
  • Interests
    Religion, Bioethics, Medicine
  • Program
    Bioethics
  1. Oh definitely. I spent part of Saturday lying face down on my bed with a pile of pillows on top of my head. And that's only for an MA program! I can't imagine having to make that decision for a PhD.
  2. I haven't actually gone on my visits yet, but at least one of the schools at which I'm attending a class is sending me the Professor's lecture materials. I don't really know if this means I'm expected to contribute during the class, or if they just want to help me follow along. I'm hoping it's the latter! I'm a little bit terrified I will make myself seem like an idiot. It definitely won't hurt to be prepared! Thanks for starting this thread!
  3. Maybe! I'm visiting in a few weeks to see if it's a good fit. As of right now it's my top choice, and I'd have to have an extremely terrible experience during my visit or a larger financial aid package from another school in order to change my mind.
  4. I'm glad to hear that! I've tried calling and emailing with no luck so far, but hopefully they will get back to me on Monday. Thanks!
  5. This particular program is the Master of Science in Bioethics at Columbia University. I did discuss this with one of my academic advisers today, and she didn't like the sound of it either. It's kind of a bullying move to try to pressure me into accepting so quickly and making a tuition deposit. I checked, and Columbia is signatory to the CGS Resolution. I tried calling, and was just put through to an answering machine, so hopefully they will get back to me in the next few days. Having heard from you and see_bella, it doesn't seem like this is normal procedure. It's definitely turning me off. Neither of the other two schools I've been accepted to has asked for a deposit this early. Thank you both for your help!
  6. This is the specific wording regarding the deposit: "In order to confirm your participation in the incoming class, you must complete the online Enrollment Form and submit a non-refundable tuition deposit of $500 (to be applied to your first semester’s tuition) within 14 days of receiving this letter. "
  7. To reserve a spot in the class. If I do not pay the deposit/accept a spot by March 20th, it will be forfeited. It would be credited towards my tuition, but if I decided not to attend after having paid the deposit, it is non-refundable. Thanks for the information, everyone!
  8. I'm visiting the other schools the 27th-29th of March and the 3rd-5th of April. I will be receiving my official financial aid offer from this school in a few days, but I'm not expecting it to be very much. Even so, I don't want to turn down this school just because I would have to give them a decision almost a month earlier than the other schools. Do you think it would be okay to email them asking for an extension? At the very least I would like to be able to visit the school, which I cannot do in the next two weeks.
  9. Yesterday I received the super exciting news that I got into a high-ranking school, but they have asked me to give them a decision in 14 days (March 20th). I have never had the opportunity to visit this school, and I have two scheduled visits for other schools that I've been accepted to during the last week of March and first week of April. Is it reasonable to ask the school for a deadline extension to April 15th? If not, is it worth reserving a spot in the class ($500 deposit) just in case? I'm not really sure what to do... Any advice would be appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.