Germany - MA or Bachelor in Economics for a Lawyer

RocioEche

Hi, I'd really appreciate if someone who studied Economics in Germany could help me with this!

I studied Law with a major in Tax in a top university in Latin America. I've been working in Tax since I was a student. However, instead of pursuing a Master of Laws (LLM) or something similar (law-oriented) I want to shift to a more economics-oriented degree, something related to Tax Policy, or Economic Development.

First question: I have around 3-4 years to complete my studies in Germany (including learning German), because my husband will be getting his Phd in Hannover. Would it make sense for me to get "leveled-up" in Economics, enroll in a BA in Economics in some university/college in or near Hannover and then apply for an MA in Economic Development a year later? If so, any recommendations of universities/collegues I could look into (with English courses)?

Second question: Any comments on Leuphana University of Lüneburg for someone who would like to work in an international organization in the future?

Thank you so much! Any comment is helpful. 

Rocio

Edited by RocioEche