Getty Grad internship 2018

amymiz

Hi everyone,

Has anyone else applied for one of the Getty Grad internships? I have applied for the curation internship in both painting and drawing. We are due to hear back this month (January) with decisions or interviews. I know its only the start of January but I'm already eager to know. I'm based in the UK but hold dual UK - US nationality

Amy

On 16/01/2018 at 6:08 PM, gkdavis said:

Me too....haven't heard anything yet!  I applied for the GCI internship in architecture.

I hope we hear back soon! Good luck! I'll update you if I hear anything. I wonder how many applicants they get...

On 1/26/2018 at 4:59 AM, gkdavis said:

no! the wait is killing me though. 

Same!! The website states 'finalists will be contacted for phone or in-person interviews in January 2018. All applicants will be notified of the Getty Foundation's decision in the spring of 2018' so I have a feeling I've not gotten an interview, guessing they would have been in touch by now :unsure:

Have you applied for anything else?  

Hi all!

I got the invitation for a phone interview on January 7 and had my interview on January 17. I applied to the GRI Curatorial Department. Curious now how long it will take to hear back! I hope you guys will get the interview too - January is not over yet :)

• 1 month later...
On 1/29/2018 at 7:51 AM, Luzielux said:

Hi all!

I got the invitation for a phone interview on January 7 and had my interview on January 17. I applied to the GRI Curatorial Department. Curious now how long it will take to hear back! I hope you guys will get the interview too - January is not over yet :)

Have you heard anything back yet?

21 hours ago, Luzielux said:

No, nothing so far! Did you have a phone interview as well?

I did. Fingers crossed! Though I feel like maybe we would hear something by now.?‍♀️ In another thread I read that those accepted heard back in March in past years. 

Did your interviewers say anything about timeline?

48 minutes ago, Gsarsay said:

I did. Fingers crossed! Though I feel like maybe we would hear something by now.?‍♀️ In another thread I read that those accepted heard back in March in past years. 

Did your interviewers say anything about timeline?

I hope so! My interviewer just said it will take some time since the decision has to go through the Getty Foundation. I read other people didn't hear back before April though... We'll see! What department did you apply for?