Just curious, has anyone heard anything back from Stanford EESS (in particular, Earth System Science)? I saw somewhere that interviews are supposed to be in February, but I haven't received any notices. I saw someone in the survey results get an interview a few days ago, so just wondering if I still have a chance. Thanks!

4 hours ago, mochamocha73 said:

Just curious, has anyone heard anything back from Stanford EESS (in particular, Earth System Science)? I saw somewhere that interviews are supposed to be in February, but I haven't received any notices. I saw someone in the survey results get an interview a few days ago, so just wondering if I still have a chance. Thanks!

I just sent you a DM. Check your inbox. 

59 minutes ago, Bike13 said:

I don’t have a great sense of the process - if we don’t get invited to an interview, should we interpret that as a rejection?

It varies between schools and programs. In previous cycles, the ESS interview invitations were sent out during the last 2 weeks of January. The invite on the results page was just a heads up from that person's potential advisor; found here

Has anyone been in contact with the program, or hear anything back yet? I tried calling today but wasn't able to get through. 

Just feeling anxious since I am really interested in the program, and if the interview date is Feb 20 it *might* overlap somewhat with the interview dates for GaTech OSE. GaTech requested a confirmation for the interview by this Friday, and I don't want to commit without hearing anything from Stanford. Ugh decisions....

So I emailed my POI and she just replied letting me know that I am invited for the interview! For those still waiting, I am not sure if this program does official notices (at least not very quickly), but rather it seems that POIs can send out invitations and probably have a lot of say in who gets interviewed/admitted. Reaching out might be a good idea at this point.