MIT Media Lab Fall 2018

raffle

On 1/17/2018 at 11:17 PM, raffle said:

I got a hit yesterday, Feb 15th.

Hi, everyone. I haven't seen a post regarding the MIT Media Lab application this year, so this topic is for all candidates to share.

On 6th Jan, my online portfolio had 7 visitors from MIT (Google analytics), averagely staying on 10 minutes (from 1st Dec to present, 16 visitors totally). But I haven't received an interview invitation email yet. Based on the previous years' results, it seems that interview is essential, and I just saw a single post on the Results Panel "Accepted via phone after two rounds of interviews. Very excited!", then it means that someone already got an offer, right?

I was in the Open House 2nd Oct, and the following information is what I have picked up:

Conformable Decoders: Canan's group is a science-core one, and it would be more competitive with a materials background (I remember that David mentioned some transplant project with the BGH), so I didn't choose it since it is not a match for me.

Responsive Environment: For now, all students are at PhD level and no Master students there, still, 0-2 places.

Any additional information would be appreciated (but please do mention your fields of interest, it might be beneficial for others or further applicants). Best wishes for you all.

I am under the impression that many interview requests haven't gone out yet. The main reason I think this is just comparing the frequency of posts and dates from previous years to now. I expect to see interview requests and acceptances rolling out these next 2 weeks. The March 1st deadline is not a hard one judging by years past. 

Edited by Altoids42

I reached out to the Tangible Media group last week,

May I quote "

Please be assured that we are still in the process of reviewing applicants. If you have any further questions or concerns about admissions, you may contact mas@media.mit.edu for more information.

We appreciate your patience.

Regards, "

I am not sure if it is the same for other groups, but I choose to stay positive, even it is already late Feb.

And plz add anything aware.

39 minutes ago, flyhighhappy1 said:

Is Feb 26 the date they begin to send acceptance e-mails ?

No, it is the 1st March. Btw, I've reached out for Resenv, and Joe said the admission for his group was already done.

2 hours ago, flyhighhappy1 said:

What about Camera Culture?

Sorry, I have no information regarding this group. And based on previous years' results, if you have not received interview invitation yet, then I am afraid it means rejection.

• 1 month later...