Temple Help!

Hello everyone!

Hope your applications are going well. If anyone has applied to Temple or is currently applying I have a question.

I was about to submit my application and as I was rereading all the application procedures I got confused about the essay portion. On CSDCAS it just has the two prompts to respond to but on their website it says, "A personal statement that addresses your goals and two prompts outlined on CSDCAS application." Do they want a sort of general personal statement AND responses to the two prompts? I wrote responses that specifically answer the prompts and am just wondering if I should add more general stuff too. I appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance! 

Edited by Felice
forgot something.

I'm not applying there so I'm not sure when the app is due, but I would email the department just in case. Always better to be safe than sorry!

Also usually on CSDCAS it gives you specfic places to submit the file(s). If there's three places to submit them that probably means they want a personal statement and each prompt.

2 hours ago, snoves said:

I'm not applying there so I'm not sure when the app is due, but I would email the department just in case. Always better to be safe than sorry!

Also usually on CSDCAS it gives you specfic places to submit the file(s). If there's three places to submit them that probably means they want a personal statement and each prompt.

Yeah, I think I should e-mail them too at this point! The deadline is Feb 1st, so I don't want to cut it any closer. On CSDCAS it just has one file upload and only lists the two specific prompts. Thanks for the advice :). 

15 hours ago, Felice said:

Yeah, I think I should e-mail them too at this point! The deadline is Feb 1st, so I don't want to cut it any closer. On CSDCAS it just has one file upload and only lists the two specific prompts. Thanks for the advice :). 

If it's just one file upload, they may want a personal statement that introduces your interests in the field AND that also answers the two prompts. I can totally see your confusion! I think emailing them will be your best bet! Hope they get back to you quickly! :)

On January 22, 2018 at 3:58 PM, snoves said:

If it's just one file upload, they may want a personal statement that introduces your interests in the field AND that also answers the two prompts. I can totally see your confusion! I think emailing them will be your best bet! Hope they get back to you quickly! :)

Thank you again :). They e-mailed back but were still pretty vague, oh well! 

21 hours ago, StPaulCCC said:

Right! If it is a writing sample they want, that seems like an odd choice. It is difficult to write more than a few paragraphs with a job interview type-question. What did their email response say?

Their response was that it is a writing sample in which you should address your goals and include responses to the prompts. They said there is no word limit either.