Case Western MSSA/MSW 2018

atomizer

1 hour ago, UIC2018 said:

I applied as a last minute decision in Jan. But now Case is my top choice. Good luck to all! Deadline is tomorrow so maybe we will hear soon!

I'm glad they extended the priority deadline to tomorrow, because I didn't have my application ready by the regular deadline.  I hope they review a bunch and start making decisions after tomorrow!

There isn't a lot of information in previous years' threads, but it seems like CWRU can take 6 or more weeks to render a decision from the time of application. It's going to be a long wait...

Also, a question about funding: Is this the first year that CWRU has promised every admitted student $20,000 in merit aid?  It's nice to offset the high cost.  I hope the school is still generous with scholarships beyond that...$20k is very generous, but the remaining price ($60k) is still pretty darn high for an MSW.

2 hours ago, atomizer said:

Also, a question about funding: Is this the first year that CWRU has promised every admitted student $20,000 in merit aid?  It's nice to offset the high cost.  I hope the school is still generous with scholarships beyond that...$20k is very generous, but the remaining price ($60k) is still pretty darn high for an MSW.

From what I've researched it seems like the first year, but I honestly do not know. Hoping for full funding!  I'm  afraid to take on that much debt especially for MSW as you mentioned. ON the other hand I really want to go there!

40 minutes ago, K_vegaaa said:

I applied for the MSSA (Advanced Standing Program) I turned in my application a week and then the next week I got accepted. 

Congratulations! That’s very fast—the school rep I spoke with said the average turnaround is 6 weeks. Two questions, if you don’t mind: (1) when did you apply? (2) did you receive any aid beyond the automatic $20k?

Hi all,

I got my acceptance this past week (I applied late December)! I got $25k total as well as a $4k field scholarship, but it still leaves a lot that I would have to cover out of pocket /:

• 2 weeks later...

For those who have been admitted: (1) Was it via email? Letter? (2) Did you receive scholarship information with the acceptance, or did it come later? How much later?

I applied a few days before the February priority deadline, so I still likely have another month to wait.  But I have other offers on the table and am trying to predict when I'll have all of the information I need to make my decision.

I found out I got admitted yesterday via email, but haven't received my package in the mail yet. The email said that the package arriving by mail would include my scholarship info, but it didn't say the amount over email, and when I called to ask, they did not have the info yet either. Not sure how long the package will take to receive.

9 minutes ago, mswgrad said:

I found out I got admitted yesterday via email, but haven't received my package in the mail yet. The email said that the package arriving by mail would include my scholarship info, but it didn't say the amount over email, and when I called to ask, they did not have the info yet either. Not sure how long the package will take to receive.

Congratulations!  When did you apply?

Hi yall!

I applied mid-Jan and was admitted the 18th of Feb. I found out by looking at my application status online and I received an email a few days after.

I still haven't received anything in the mail from them but I have my fingers crossed it arrives soon!!! 

I was accepted last week :) Now just waiting on the scholarship information.

I know we're all guaranteed $20k, which is cool, but I'm hoping for more because Case is quite expensive.  How much have other received in merit-based aid?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 5:57 PM, UIC2018 said:

Congrats! My app is still  under review. ?Have an interview with Hunter in NYC  in 2 weeks but i am getting very impatient!!

Got acceptance today! Waiting on funding before I make a final decision! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 1:45 PM, atomizer said:

I was accepted last week :) Now just waiting on the scholarship information.

I know we're all guaranteed $20k, which is cool, but I'm hoping for more because Case is quite expensive.  How much have other received in merit-based aid?

I recevied the guanteed 20k with 4k in field scholarship. Was really hoping for more. And actually contacted the finacial aid office to advocate for more funding. Still waiting...And

Still waiting on a small affordable program to get back to me with an admissions decision. 

My heart says go to case but my brain says wait it out for the more affordable program. 

• 1 month later...