Purdue Acceptance

Does any one want to claim the Purdue acceptance on the results page? I didnt think they would be making decissions for another week or so. Has anyone else heard from Purdue, or do you have any insights about the admissions for this year, class size, etc. - especially for those of us looking to the phd. in lit.

Does any one want to claim the Purdue acceptance on the results page? I didnt think they would be making decissions for another week or so. Has anyone else heard from Purdue, or do you have any insights about the admissions for this year, class size, etc. - especially for those of us looking to the phd. in lit.

I'm pretty sure the secretary said they wouldn't be making notifications until March 7...I'm really confused, and thrown for a loop. Colleges need to stop this, or people need to stop messing with the results board.

But if it was someone legit, I definitely send lots of congrats.

The Purdue acceptance was mine. No idea if they notified multiple people or not--as always, this stuff is a mystery. As I've found myself with a couple acceptances this year that I thought were implicit rejections based on other people having been already accepted, though, I wouldn't assume anything yet (sorry, that sentence was way more complex than I meant it to be). Good luck to those still waiting!

The Purdue acceptance was mine. No idea if they notified multiple people or not--as always, this stuff is a mystery. As I've found myself with a couple acceptances this year that I thought were implicit rejections based on other people having been already accepted, though, I wouldn't assume anything yet (sorry, that sentence was way more complex than I meant it to be). Good luck to those still waiting!

Snowmiser, do you mind telling us your subfield?

Congratulations! That school looks wonderful, and if you decide to go, I hope it's fantastic.

[Also, rereading my previous post, I realized I sounded very snippy. That was *not* directed at anyone. I should stay away from the boards when I have unrelated grad school crises. :)]

Congratulations! That school looks wonderful, and if you decide to go, I hope it's fantastic.

[Also, rereading my previous post, I realized I sounded very snippy. That was *not* directed at anyone. I should stay away from the boards when I have unrelated grad school crises. :)]

FWIW, I didn't think your post was snippy! rolleyes.gif I'm in the same (nervous) boat right now, as I thought Purdue would be sending acceptances later and am now excessively anxious about my chances of getting in ANYwhere, having not heard anything.

As to snowmiser, congrats on the acceptance! Purdue is a strong program, and I'm sure you'll love it should you decide to go. All the best! smile.gif

Anybody got an update on Purdue? I still haven't heard anything, and I assume this is bad news. Can any confirm whether or not all PhD offers have been made?

Though I went to school in Bloomington, I lived a year in Lafayette while my boyfriend finished up in PharmD. There are definite cool spots in West Lafayette/Lafayette, and some not so good spots. Let me know if your wondering about housing/living!

Any other Rhet/Comp people waiting to hear? I contacted the graduate secretary and she said my application was still under consideration, which I'm guessing means "We'll get your rejection out to you, eventually."

(Sorry for such late posting, but I just got on GradCafe): I received an acceptance in the Ph.D. Lit program from Purdue around the first week in March via letter. The letter was dated late February, but the letter detailed TAship funding and a fellowship offer on top of it, which may explain the earlier acceptance. But best of luck to all -- it's a rough world out there, this year especially!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still listed as "under review" for an MA application. Anybody else still waiting? Should I be concerned about not hearing from them, yet?

I'm still listed as "under review" for an MA application. Anybody else still waiting? Should I be concerned about not hearing from them, yet?

Tell me about it dry.gif I applied to the MA in Literary Studies program and, like you, have yet to hear anything back. Luckily I already have a couple other offers I'm totally in love with, but seriously, what the heck are they doing over there? Let's just close this whole thing out already and be DONE with it all! wink.gif

I applied to the MA in Literary Studies program and, like you, have yet to hear anything back.

Same here! This is one of the last schools I am waiting on to notify me for the MA. I was out of town this past week and was sure I would come home to find some news in the mail, but I was wrong.