Interviews

Ckatz

Question

I was wondering if interviews are needed for acceptance. I see in the results search that many people have had interviews and I have not. Can you still get into a Ph.D. program without having an interview? Also, are emails to check decisions sent throughout the day or do the only get sent out at certain times?   

3 answers to this question

It's pretty program dependent and also POI dependent. I have been accepted into programs w/ an interview and w/o an interview. I've gotten emails at all times of the day as early as like 2:30 pm until 9 pm my time.

18 hours ago, rising_star said:

Yes, in some fields. In other fields, no. I'm not sure anyone can give you answers to the questions you've asked without knowing more about your field and where you applied.

I finished applying for Statistics Programs on December 15th (Deadline: December 15th). If anyone has any information regarding this specific field, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you to the people who have replied already.