Boston University

kobe36

My trip went well and I've decided to attend BU. I was impressed with their program and really like the campus. My decision was based more on which city I felt I could see myself staying in after grad school. NYC was a bit much for me... great city and great school, but I just couldn't see myself living there. Although the BU campus is considered a city campus, it really feels open. I felt really trapped and closed in at the NYU campus with the tall building... I guess I should have figured being that I grew up in wide open Alaska. I had to travel there first to know for sure though!

I'm glad that your trips to NYU and BU were so helpful, and congrats on the decision to attend BU! It sounds like it's a great fit for you :)

On 4/12/2010 at 4:41 PM, AK907 said:

My trip went well and I've decided to attend BU. I was impressed with their program and really like the campus. My decision was based more on which city I felt I could see myself staying in after grad school. NYC was a bit much for me... great city and great school, but I just couldn't see myself living there. Although the BU campus is considered a city campus, it really feels open. I felt really trapped and closed in at the NYU campus with the tall building... I guess I should have figured being that I grew up in wide open Alaska. I had to travel there first to know for sure though!

I hear you! I was deciding between WashU, Smith, and BU, and BU ended up being the best fit for a lot of reasons, quality of life being a big one. (Okay, and that I already live here! But Boston's a great city, and much more livable than NYC.)

Congrats on making your choice - hopefully we'll meet sometime later this year. I'm really excited for this fall!

• 1 year later...

Bu is taking forever! They received my app 2/10 and its going on week nine. I called the admissions dept last week becuase I need to tell BC... like yesterday. The woman said she would email the person reviewing my application and let her know I need to tell BC by Tuesday, tomorrow. If I dont hear from BU today I have to send in my deposit for BC. I dont have an extra $200 to throw around but I cant loose my spot at BC...

This process turns me off to BU eventhough it was my first choice. Its very unprofessional and inconsiderate. A school that big should be prepared for this especially if they had problems last year too as I've read. The application website was also the least user friendly one.

aklett- I'm in a similar boat. My app was completed online 2/6 but it wasn't officially accepted, with an email from BU until the end of March. Have not heard anything from them yet.

For all of you who have been accepted-- what type of scholarship package did you receive? I'm trying to get a good feel for their scholarship amounts as I might reapply next year to maximize my aid.