Cornell CIPA MPA 2018

2018Hopeful

On 3/2/2018 at 6:15 PM, cathyzcy888 said:

Yes, I did. And I just saw an announcement on the Cornell website saying that the university would be closed on March 2 because of the winter storm. I guess maybe it's the reason why their decisions are delayed.

Did you get any reply? decision email? 

4 hours ago, cathyzcy888 said:

Not yet, still waiting.

Same here. I have also asked several of the previous year's applicants. Majority of them received offers in the mid of March.
Please be kind to let me know if you receive any reply or admission decision. 

Thank you. 

8 hours ago, Uzair2 said:

Same here. I have also asked several of the previous year's applicants. Majority of them received offers in the mid of March.
Please be kind to let me know if you receive any reply or admission decision. 

Thank you. 

Sure, I'll.

I'm waiting on Cornell too. I keep checking...

I sent in my interview on 16 Jan, all my paperwork was in nice and early. Hopefully they are just deciding how BIG our funding packages will be, right?

Nope, my status says 'in progress.' I have no idea what the difference is, staring at it doesn't seem to be helping the email come any faster :) I only applied to four schools and haven't yet heard back from any, so I am REALLY READY!!!

Oh I see 
Any Checklist notes? 

Well I can relate to you position. Applied to three schools.
And don't worry hopefully you will do great. 
I think by mid of March you will hear from all of them

All the best :) and please keep us updated 

48 minutes ago, Shivanshu Sharma said:

In with 25% scholarship! Submitted my application on 1st February, submitted my video response on 22nd February.

Cheers!

Congratulations! That's wonderful news. Are you planning to accept or waiting for more admissions (like many of us :) )?

Hey guys, I can't possibly be the only one that's still waiting for a decision from CIPA, right? To be honest, this is getting kinda ridiculous because I have had such a hard time trying to get a hold of their admission office. No one is answering the emails or picking up the calls, it's so weird! I already received notification from 9 other schools (USC, UC Berkeley, McCourt, SIPA, HKS, Syracuse, CMU, Wagner, GWU) and I submitted everything to CIPA on January 24th. The status of my application still says that I will be notified either before or on March 1st :/ I don't know what's going on here and I'm pretty disappointed. I had originally planned on attending the open house on Friday, but given the pending winter storm, I think if I don't hear back by the end of this week, I'm just going to withdraw my application and take my money elsewhere. Sigh.

@IRDWDTU Hi there. First of all, congratulations for receiving offers from other schools :) and nope, you are not the only one ! I am in the same situation as well. Submitted my application and interview on 30th January marking it complete. I have also emailed them (Jennifer) as well as tried calling them but nobody is picking up. 
Furthermore, my status too is "Ready for review, applicants will be notified on or before 1st March". I am still waiting for CIPA to at least respond and I am expecting an answer by 17th March (Friday). It is making me worried and frustrated at the same time. But we cannot do anything can we?

However, do not withdraw your application just yet - just a friendly suggestion. 

Hopefully, we will be hearing from them soon.  

Same boat here. Waiting it out, especially since I'm expecting notification on two other schools on Friday,  I figure I can lump CIPA into the mix and anticipate hearing from them this week too. I hope one of us gets some good news soon :)

@IRDWDTU, same here! I'm quite irritated with them as well. I haven't heard a word from CIPA but I keep receiving their promotional blog posts lol.

Who did you email? I wrote to Jennifer and she never responded, that really rubs me the wrong way. Wasn't she supposed to be our point of contact during this process? I've started to think that maybe I should write to someone in their department that is actually in charge. I felt like if you can't deliver your promise to release the decision on time, sending out a short note to keep us in the loop would've been nice. Otherwise, why bother to even include that statement on the checklist? Delay is certainly understandable but dead silence is not cool. I expected more from Cornell, yet they seemed to be the only school that has a aloof attitude towards its prospective students; even bigger programs like American, SPEA and UT Austin for example, answered my questions and gave me an update about my status within 2 to 3 days.

I also applied to McCourt and when I had some issues with my transcripts after the deadline has passed, their staffs were very easy to work with and informative. I can't say the same about Cornell.

@tristatequeen Thanks and yeah, my friend and I both called her before but she was telling us how she's no longer involved in the admission process this year? Everyone that we have spoken to in that office all recommended us to contact Jennifer. @LibbyCreek No one seems to know what's going on this year and I can't figure out why is it taking so long for CIPA to get back to us. It's just such a bummer that they won't address any inquiries. I got into LBJ with a hefty financial aids package that will take care three-quarters of the costs, but Cornell has always been my dream school. I'll be pissed if they release the decisions in early April to those of us that have been waiting in the dark for over two months.  

1 hour ago, LuluM93512 said:

@tristatequeen@LibbyCreek No one seems to know what's going on this year and I can't figure out why is it taking so long for CIPA to get back to us. It's just such a bummer that they won't address any inquiries. I got into LBJ with a hefty financial aids package that will take care three-quarters of the costs, but Cornell has always been my dream school. I'll be pissed if they release the decisions in early April to those of us that have been waiting in the dark for over two months.  

Well, another of the schools I applied to has twice messed up critical deadlines for just my program, casting a shadow of doubt on the ability of the school to deal with other deadlines for students. I realize that may big a huge leap- but at the same time the admissions offices are the first real contact point for most of us, and when the deadlines are not met on their side, or communication seems to fail it is hard to continue to give the benefit of the doubt.

That said, I am generally still quite patient; well aware that these offices are often run on a shoestring budget and never with enough staff, but some situations try even my patience.

I'm looking forward to receiving as many notifications as possible and then enjoying the weekend regardless. I hope you do the same! Especially with a funded position already in hand!

7 minutes ago, LibbyCreek said:

Well, another of the schools I applied to has twice messed up critical deadlines for just my program, casting a shadow of doubt on the ability of the school to deal with other deadlines for students. I realize that may big a huge leap- but at the same time the admissions offices are the first real contact point for most of us, and when the deadlines are not met on their side, or communication seems to fail it is hard to continue to give the benefit of the doubt.

That said, I am generally still quite patient; well aware that these offices are often run on a shoestring budget and never with enough staff, but some situations try even my patience.

I'm looking forward to receiving as many notifications as possible and then enjoying the weekend regardless. I hope you do the same! Especially with a funded position already in hand!

Good luck to you too! I see that you've applied to WWS - fingers crossed for you, it's a fantastic program with generous funding, I got rejected last year lmao. Unless CIPA magically turns around, I'll probably go ahead and pay my deposit for Austin on Friday. I'd been fine had they showed an effort in attempting to communicate with us, it's a no-brainer that staff has very little power over what really goes on behind closed doors, but I think CIPA really dropped the ball on this one. They could've sent out a short and generic email blast to let us know that due to many circumstances that are beyond their control, they won't be able to give us an update until later this month; instead, they chose to dodge our calls and ignored our questions. My cousin went to Penn and he worked at their admission office for 2 years after he graduated in 09, and yes they are totally short staffed, but despite the number of requests they get, they still make a point to respond to the best of their abilities. I thought CIPA has a very personable culture based on the promotional pamphlets I read, but after this whole ordeal, I'm not impressed. 

6 hours ago, LuluM93512 said:

Good luck to you too! I see that you've applied to WWS - fingers crossed for you, it's a fantastic program with generous funding, I got rejected last year lmao. Unless CIPA magically turns around, I'll probably go ahead and pay my deposit for Austin on Friday. I'd been fine had they showed an effort in attempting to communicate with us, it's a no-brainer that staff has very little power over what really goes on behind closed doors, but I think CIPA really dropped the ball on this one. They could've sent out a short and generic email blast to let us know that due to many circumstances that are beyond their control, they won't be able to give us an update until later this month; instead, they chose to dodge our calls and ignored our questions. My cousin went to Penn and he worked at their admission office for 2 years after he graduated in 09, and yes they are totally short staffed, but despite the number of requests they get, they still make a point to respond to the best of their abilities. I thought CIPA has a very personable culture based on the promotional pamphlets I read, but after this whole ordeal, I'm not impressed. 

Yes, I agree with you. Considering the amount of money I'd be spending an email with a "we're running behind" message would be well-suited to this situation.