2010 Religion/Theology MA/MTS/MDiv Results

Jack Horner

I do think it's a good sign. I had a school audit my application and asked for supplementary transcripts right before admitting me.

Thank you so much for encouraging me. All I received are rejection letters. This is my only hope.

Two years ago, I got an email on 3/5. So results should be going out soon. Best of luck, and if you get in, I hope you choose to come--it's a fantastic program.

Can you shed any light on what happens at the MTS admissions meeting that is scheduled on the Notre Dame Dept. of Theology schedule for today? Have decisions already been made to a certain extent, or is this the meeting at which they are made? I would imagine with the meeting being tonight, that hearing back early next week would be the earliest possibility.

Edited by cribro

Can you shed any light on what happens at the MTS admissions meeting that is scheduled on the Notre Dame Dept. of Theology schedule for today? Have decisions already been made to a certain extent, or is this the meeting at which they are made? I would imagine with the meeting being tonight, that hearing back early next week would be the earliest possibility.

I'm afraid not--I didn't know it was happening, so your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks, lovethequestions, cribro, and Jack Horner! The Notre Dame Department of Theology website announces a MTS admissions meeting on 3/5 (http://theology.nd.edu/404/). It also states the university will be on break 3/6-14, so we may need to wait until the week of the 15th to learn their decisions. Two other schools to which I applied also have the 15th as a committed or target date. Isaiah 26:3 just came to mind.

Thanks, lovethequestions, cribro, and Jack Horner! The Notre Dame Department of Theology website announces a MTS admissions meeting on 3/5 (http://theology.nd.edu/404/). It also states the university will be on break 3/6-14, so we may need to wait until the week of the 15th to learn their decisions. Two other schools to which I applied also have the 15th as a committed or target date. Isaiah 26:3 just came to mind.

Admits to ND's MTS are usually emailed by the director - so it could very easily happen the night of the decision or during break. Here's hoping you guys hear earlier rather than later! Good luck!

Admits to ND's MTS are usually emailed by the director - so it could very easily happen the night of the decision or during break. Here's hoping you guys hear earlier rather than later! Good luck!

I applied last year to ND's MTS (History of Christianity) and received the rejection email from Dr. Reynolds on 03/10

I just got an email from the director of the program--I was accepted to the MTS at Notre Dame.

Was it a personal email written specifically for you, or do you think it could have been sent to several others? I wonder if they do this by concentration.

Rejected tonight by email from the director of the MTS at Notre Dome. It means I am going to my plan B school. Congrats to those who got accepted! Best wishes on your studies.

Just got a rejection e-mail from ND for the MTS in Systematics...just as well, as it makes the tough decision between BC and ND for me. Congratulations to those of you who have heard back, and good luck to those of you who are still waiting to hear back.

Just got a rejection from ND as well, but it was expected. They required all the weakest parts of my application (GRE, pithy SOP) without allowing me to submit the strong parts (writing sample, extra recs from Bible profs, an autobiographical statement).

Just got a rejection from ND as well, but it was expected. They required all the weakest parts of my application (GRE, pithy SOP) without allowing me to submit the strong parts (writing sample, extra recs from Bible profs, an autobiographical statement).

Yeah, I was really frustrated when ND and UChicago wouldn't let me submit my writing sample. It was easily the strongest part of my application. More than GPA, GRE scores and LORs, a strong writing sample seems to be the part of any application that would be most indicative of potential success at the graduate level (especially in a field like Theology). Oh well, it's their program and they can choose to admit applicants based on whatever criteria they want to use. Still, the fact that they wouldn't consider a writing sample coupled with the major issues on their end with processing my application (my status still says "Incomplete"), and I'm neither surprised nor particularly disappointed to receive a rejection notice.

It's too bad though, because they have an excellent faculty.