Yale

Nina

I've been in contact with the DGS and she said that they would have news very soon. I'd expect that we will hear this upcoming week, maybe as early as Monday.

I just hope to find out ASAP..

Yale is my last school to hear from

=)

eee, I really want to find out either way! I'm pretty much settled on where I'm going, but a good offer from Yale could persuade me to reconsider that decision. Of course, if I get a "no" from Yale, then I can just proceed with the current plan of action. Either way, though, I'm really hoping to hear from Yale soon!

Best of luck to all!

eee, I really want to find out either way! I'm pretty much settled on where I'm going, but a good offer from Yale could persuade me to reconsider that decision. Of course, if I get a "no" from Yale, then I can just proceed with the current plan of action. Either way, though, I'm really hoping to hear from Yale soon!

Best of luck to all!

Who do y'all want to work with at Yale?

i just called..

and decisions are NOT finalized.

they will be finalized within a week...

this sucks.

can anyone try calling and see what they say?

Edited by Nina

can someone confirm this?

anyone accepted or waitlisted?

i know that schools give out admissions first.

i didn't receive an email..and i am so terrified now.

can someone call? i called yesterday and am afraid that they might recognize my voice and think i am crazy..

can someone confirm this?

anyone accepted or waitlisted?

i know that schools give out admissions first.

i didn't receive an email..and i am so terrified now.

can someone call? i called yesterday and am afraid that they might recognize my voice and think i am crazy..

I called today- acceptances will go out this week. No information is available via website. The results search posts on Yale must be fake or a mistake.

I called today- acceptances will go out this week. No information is available via website. The results search posts on Yale must be fake or a mistake.

there's one posting about biological anthro today. anyone in cultural got accepted?

there's one posting about biological anthro today. anyone in cultural got accepted?

is the posting on the result page real?

yale is my TOP TOP choice and i am having a break down thinking i didn't get in..

can someone confirm this for me?

plz reply anyone. I am so tired of waiting..

yale is my TOP TOP choice and i am having a break down thinking i didn't get in..

call again. if you're freaking out about the department contact recognizing your voice, call another person (if you called the graduate secretary, try calling the director of graduate studies; she's really nice).

the only good news: you're not alone. hang in there.

call again. if you're freaking out about the department contact recognizing your voice, call another person (if you called the graduate secretary, try calling the director of graduate studies; she's really nice).

the only good news: you're not alone. hang in there.

thanks anthroboy..

That posting (the bio anth) is real, yes (me!). Out of the blue, with no contact from POI or anything so very surprised. But presumably notifications are going out gradually rather than all at once going by the Results page. Sit tight!

That posting (the bio anth) is real, yes (me!). Out of the blue, with no contact from POI or anything so very surprised. But presumably notifications are going out gradually rather than all at once going by the Results page. Sit tight!

o wow!

so was it an email with a link to decision page?

do you know if cultural anthro folks have been notified too?

congratulations! and congratulations for NYU too!!!

o wow!

so was it an email with a link to decision page?

do you know if cultural anthro folks have been notified too?

congratulations! and congratulations for NYU too!!!

Exactly - an impersonal email to an impersonal webpage! I have had no real contact from faculty so I can't tell you a single thing about what's going on, I'm afraid. I'm quite puzzled myself!

(Maybe it was a mistake?!!!)

And thank you! :)

Good luck!

I don't mean to sound contentious, but I was indeed wait-listed on Tuesday. Perhaps this bodes well for those who haven't heard yet.

I don't mean to sound contentious, but I was indeed wait-listed on Tuesday. Perhaps this bodes well for those who haven't heard yet.

My apologies for the implied accusation.

These admissions folks on the other end of the phone really will say anything- they're no more reliable than anonymous grad cafe posts.

My apologies for the implied accusation.

These admissions folks on the other end of the phone really will say anything- they're no more reliable than anonymous grad cafe posts.

agreed. I did called today and they said "no admission have gone out yet" and it will be going out this week or next week.

they are mean and careless.

to those who have been rejected or waitlisted..

are you guys cultural? or are you guys also biological?

i am wondering if it's only bio anthro people who have been notified.

i am confused.

• 3 weeks later...