Hello!

I am super nervous about my grad applications. I am applying to two online programs (WKU and Idaho state) and 6 others in my area-ish. I'm concerned about the waitlist situation. For example: If i get waitlisted to my number one choice and get accepted somewhere else, say I choose to hold my spot where I'm accepted and hear back from my first choice school very late (say end of April/early May), how do I go about switching? 

I'm worried that I'm not considered "competitive" as an applicant. 

GRE scores are 152V, 149Q, and 4.0W. My Cumulative GPA is 3.52 and in major is 3.67. I finished my undergrad in three years instead of four and worked full time!

Lastly, is anyone interested in any non-conventional forms of speech therapy? I would like to eventually learn about hippotheray (combines horses)? If so, is an interest in something "different" a good thing or bad thing when it comes to applying? 

Thanks for reading!

Last semester I was in a similar situation.  My 1st  and 3rd choices rejected me pretty early on which was sad, but also nice because I did not have to wait around for a decision. One day late last semester my 5th choice called me on the phone telling me that they needed to give them a decision that day. I freaked out, but then I had a moment of clarity and I told them that I was not interested. After I hung up I was really scared, but also relieved. In that moment I decided that I would rather reapply to my top 4 next semester because they were better programs and they were more economical. 20 minutes after I told my 5th choice no, I got an email acceptance from my 2nd choice and I was so happy. I am not telling you if you should or should not wait, however I believe that if you continue to make educated decisions and follow your instincts you will end up in the program that is best for you. I am 6 weeks into my 2nd choice program and I believe that I fit in better here than I would have fit in at my 1st choice.