UW CSE PHD or Georgia Tech PHD

jamie_59

I think it all comes down to fit. Go to the visit weekends and see who you get a better vibe from. Also, if the UW professors have only recently gotten a tenure track job they may have more time to dedicate to a new student than someone who has a large lab and is well established.

12 hours ago, spamhaus said:

I think it all comes down to fit. Go to the visit weekends and see who you get a better vibe from. Also, if the UW professors have only recently gotten a tenure track job they may have more time to dedicate to a new student than someone who has a large lab and is well established.

Unfortunately, professors at UW are all senior faculties as well.Thanks though! 

I agree with @spamhaus. You should definitely visit them both before deciding if you can. I have already visited a few schools and it has completely changed my view of things. 

If you cannot visit, you should at least try to Skype with professors you think may be your advisor and some of their current grad students.