Post-Bacc at Columbia?

ClassicalK

To anyone who has studied through this program - can we talk funding? I know the upfront costs and I've been in contact with financial aid but I'm still unclear if I'd be eligible to take out grad loans with a post-bacc status.

Disclaimer: this is my plan D if I don't get into other programs and I'm really trying to cover all of my bases).

ClassicalK, I regret how inactive this forum is, but so that your question doesn’t go without a response, I’ll tell you that as a post-bacc student at UGA, I did not qualify for ANY financial aid. I did get my employer to help cover about 40% of the tuition, but it’s unbelievably expensive. 

Keith

On 2/20/2018 at 8:17 AM, ClassicalK said:

To anyone who has studied through this program - can we talk funding? I know the upfront costs and I've been in contact with financial aid but I'm still unclear if I'd be eligible to take out grad loans with a post-bacc status.

Disclaimer: this is my plan D if I don't get into other programs and I'm really trying to cover all of my bases).

I'm thinking about doing a post-bacc too, but at UGA like @Talmid . Like he said, the costs are expensive. I know that my employer isn't going to pay for anything because it's not necessarily related to my current position (my current MA is in Museum Studies and they wouldn't pay for any of that, either, as far as I know - the person I contacted about it never got back to me or my supervisor). The only options I saw were doing it slowly out of pocket, getting private student loans through something like Discover or Sallie Mae, or taking out a personal loan, which aren't the best options, either. There's always crowdfunding, but that's usually a hit-or-miss venture as well.