MIT TPP 2018

VeryCheesey

4 hours ago, ung said:

Hello! I also applied. It is one of my top priorities actually.

I have seen a few tpp posts in the engineering section of the forum. Although I believe it belongs here :)

Good luck mate!!

You mind linking them if you have ready access? I'd love to get some opinions!

Ah, given my GPA situation, it is a very, very long shot for me. I dropped a mail to Mr. Ballo asking if he could reveal some information, admission statistics, class sizes, anything at all to evaluate my chances, but he refused point blank.

But he did confirm that the results will be out later this week. In his exact words: Indeed we are expecting to release our decisions by the end of the week..

So yes, even though it's excruciating, the wait should not be very long.

Congrats @ung! That's great news. I hope I get the notification, whether accept or reject, by tonight. Can't wait anymore.

Great going man! Have they mentioned the sort of work you'll be doing or anything on the funding? BTW I was looking at your profile on the "am I competitive" thread and looks like we're very similar except in the GPA, where you're miles ahead. Still, keeping my fingers crossed.

11 hours ago, VeryCheesey said:

Congrats @ung! That's great news. I hope I get the notification, whether accept or reject, by tonight. Can't wait anymore.

Great going man! Have they mentioned the sort of work you'll be doing or anything on the funding? BTW I was looking at your profile on the "am I competitive" thread and looks like we're very similar except in the GPA, where you're miles ahead. Still, keeping my fingers crossed.

Please tell when you know!

In my case, they didnt mention anything about the type of work ill be doing. They did say that the majority of students are funded through research assistanships (which I guess you already know) and that they will help me in finding one.

Good luck!!

Congrats @ung!!!! Enjoy the program.  

Well, I guess that is it for me. They will send the rejection letter in the next 2 weeks, I suppose all the admission offers have been sent, if pattern from the last few years is to be used as reference. Unless of course, they put on the wait list. Anyway, how is your other application going?

Hey @Jhonny456&, it's going to be the same for me. It sucks a lot but I am glad I at least don't have to wait around. I have a bunch of other offers and I am still waiting for Berkeley, so let's see how that goes. *Sigh*

Hey guys, today I received the rejection email. I still had hope after acceptances from last week, but it seems all acceptances came out in one batch.

Congratulations to those accepted.