Masters Applied Behavior Analysis

SeeNatGo

So I know its not the most popular program but anyone else applying to Masters programs in ABA? 

Where did you guys apply? Have you heard back? 

I applied to CSULA, CSUN, UC.

Had one interview, have one interview coming up, and nothing from the other. 

Excited to know if others are applying to similar programs. 

I am a BCBA who will be attending Vanderbilt's SPED/ABA doctoral program in the Fall! There are a few ABA applicants, mostly floating around the Psychology and Education sub-forums, but it seems we are few and far between.

On 2/27/2018 at 7:24 PM, birdy-bear said:

I am a BCBA who will be attending Vanderbilt's SPED/ABA doctoral program in the Fall! There are a few ABA applicants, mostly floating around the Psychology and Education sub-forums, but it seems we are few and far between.

Nice! Congrats! We are, I wish we had more people so I have something to compare my journey with.

Where did you get your Masters from?

Thats my future goal, but right now just praying for the Masters program.

• 2 weeks later...

Great to see another ABA Masters applicant on here! :) There are definitely not a lot of us from what I can tell.

I applied to four programs for Fall 2018: UMBC, USF, UNT, and USC.

Got acceptances from UMBC and USF so far. I went to Texas to interview with UNT a couple of weeks ago, and I'm supposed to hear back pretty much any moment now-- certainly in that compulsive "check email" mode! Last night I had a Skype interview with USC, and I think it went well. I'm supposed to have one more interview with another faculty at USC over Skype at some point in the future, and then after that, they are going to make a decision.

Best of luck @SeeNatGo with admissions (maybe you've heard back on one of those schools since posting?) and @birdy-bear with the doctoral program at Vanderbilt! I heard that Vandy has a multidisciplinary focus in their SPED program, so that could very well be to your advantage!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi fellow ABAers!! I hope youve heard back by now, @SeeNatGo! I applied to a small private school here in OK, CSUN, FIT, FSU, UNT, and UW. Rejected from UW, accepted to the rest. 

Sorry I didnt see this post before, I started getting on here in January and got very sad when I couldn't find any other ABA people. Wish I had found you guys sooner! 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi all!

I have applied to a few ABA Master’s programs and I am prepping for interviews right now! I was hoping to get some words of wisdom and any tips on questions to prep for.

They told me to prepare to answer why I want to pursue a Masters in ABA ‘and other related questions’. 

Thanks in advance fellow ABA family!