Accepted but no notice about funding

Thang

Hello,

I was accepted by the University of Louisiana at Lafayette for the Ph.D. program in Computer Science. However, they did not clarify the assistantship and just ask me to contact the Graduate Coordinator. I emailed that guy 4 days ago but receive no response now. I continue to email a professor who said contact him when I was accepted. He replied me that he will ask other colleagues and let me know soon. I feel something is not OK, phewwww. What should I do? I am too disappointed myself now. UC Denver denied me yesterday and I have to wait for the University of New Hampshire decision, hope the best coming. Any advice for me?

Gosh, congratulations and I'm also in the same boat. I got accepted to three universities and all of them didn't offer funding in the email. When I contacted the graduate coordinator, some replied but some haven't. Its normal, I guess you could directly try contacting the chair of the department. 

I considered the same university as a safety apply for me to be honest, and didn't apply. Good luck! I'm also in the same boat, hopefully you'll get funding. 

It can take a few weeks after acceptance to get a funding offer so if it is approaching april and you haven't heard anything that would be a good time to try emailing again about that.

On 3/3/2018 at 6:44 PM, thnok said:

Gosh, congratulations and I'm also in the same boat. I got accepted to three universities and all of them didn't offer funding in the email. When I contacted the graduate coordinator, some replied but some haven't. Its normal, I guess you could directly try contacting the chair of the department. 

I considered the same university as a safety apply for me to be honest, and didn't apply. Good luck! I'm also in the same boat, hopefully you'll get funding. 

I have no response from the University now. Many ppl suggest I have to wait. My last choice is Mexico City where a professor waits for me. Btw, I prefer to study in US more. Hope the best for you also.

On 3/9/2018 at 12:29 PM, Thang said:

I have no response from the University now. Many ppl suggest I have to wait. My last choice is Mexico City where a professor waits for me. Btw, I prefer to study in US more. Hope the best for you also.

Yeah same here, and there is a local program that is awaiting my answer which I have to give back in 10 days. Lucky you have a backup plan which is waiting for you. :) Good luck. 

On 16/3/2018 at 11:06 PM, thnok said:

Yeah same here, and there is a local program that is awaiting my answer which I have to give back in 10 days. Lucky you have a backup plan which is waiting for you. :) Good luck. 

UNH accepted me but no fund and ULL has no response (_ _!). I have no choice now and I must go to Mexico City, good luck to you.