Which University should I choose?

Kimia

Question

Hello Everyone!

I have 2 offers and I don't know which one to take. I have to announce my decision prior to March 5th to one of them (IUPUI). These 2 offers are quite different! I am a BSc student with a major in Industrial Engineering. 

First offer:

Major: Electrical and Computer Engineering with a focus on Machine learning

Funding: 1650/month, RA position

University: IUPUI, Indianapolis

Second Offer:

Major: Industrial and Systems engineering

Funding: 2200/month, TA position

University: North Carolina State University, Raleigh

I know that they are completely different, but I am not sure to continue my own major, in which I have a solid background; or to take the opportunity of studying computer science which probably has a brighter future in work. 

I would appreciate any comments and ideas about my situation. Thank you all! 

1 answer to this question

Like you say, we're comparing apples and oranges here. Which one do you like best? These will likely lead to different future careers, perhaps in different parts of the country, and no one here can tell you which one is better suited for you. Only you know that. Do you know anything about placement rates at each program and what jobs students tend to take? Cost of living? graduation rates (do people drop out a lot)? Name recognition? A part of the country you'd rather live/work in post degree? (Is this a masters or a PhD?)