Basic questions about becoming a teacher in WI

rooguild

Hi, I have basic questions about how to become a teacher in Wisconsin. I'll be moving there soon and I think I'll have to get my Master's in Education once I get there to get a teaching job, but have no idea where to start looking for information/where to apply/how much it will cost/what's involved in applying. These are many questions, but I'm wondering if anyone's gotten their Master's in WI and can offer any beginner's guidance.

• 1 month later...

UW Madison is an excellent school, and I think that includes their education department too. I lived not too far from Madison, and it's a nice city. I don't have much else to share with you, but I wish you luck.

On 3/5/2018 at 8:33 PM, rooguild said:

Hi, I have basic questions about how to become a teacher in Wisconsin. I'll be moving there soon and I think I'll have to get my Master's in Education once I get there to get a teaching job, but have no idea where to start looking for information/where to apply/how much it will cost/what's involved in applying. These are many questions, but I'm wondering if anyone's gotten their Master's in WI and can offer any beginner's guidance.

The type of program you are looking for depends on if you already have a teaching license from another state. But usually you want to look for a post-bachelor initial teaching license program. Usually you can pair it with a master's degree as well so you earn both a master's and your license with certifications. UW-Madison is good, but almost any other UW-system school is good too. There are some good private schools to check as well. Just depends on which region you are moving to. Let me know if you have any questions as I am currently finishing my master's at a UW-system school.