Pre-med undergrad wants to go into seminary.

mowglie

Hi all, I am new here.

As stated, I entered college 3 years ago thinking that I wanted to go into medicine. Something happened a few months ago that rekindle my passion for God and now

I plan to go into seminary school. I enjoy christian apologetic and the works of philosophers like Craig, Plantina, Zacharias, Licona, etc. I am not seeking to be ordained, but I am more interested in research and teaching instead.

I plan to eventually get a phD. in theology and want to know what degree I should sought next in seminary school beside M.Div. I did some research and was thinking of either MTS or Master of Arts in philosophy and religion. Am I on the right track?

Appreciate any replies.

There's a decent discussion going on under the thread "BEST MDiv Programs". If you join in there, I think you might find some of the answers helpful. I know someone over there posted a link to the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) website, which is an invaluable resource. Best of luck!

Hi all, I am new here.

As stated, I entered college 3 years ago thinking that I wanted to go into medicine. Something happened a few months ago that rekindle my passion for God and now

I plan to go into seminary school. I enjoy christian apologetic and the works of philosophers like Craig, Plantina, Zacharias, Licona, etc. I am not seeking to be ordained, but I am more interested in research and teaching instead.

I plan to eventually get a phD. in theology and want to know what degree I should sought next in seminary school beside M.Div. I did some research and was thinking of either MTS or Master of Arts in philosophy and religion. Am I on the right track?

Appreciate any replies.

MTS or MAR are your best options for a non-ministry degree. If you want to work in a seminary/div school later on an MDiv is good to have, but otherwise MTS or MAR is all you need. It all depends on what you want to do. Hope that helps.