Need some suggestions on graduate school selection

max101

I'm an international student and intend to pursue my study in MS in finance in US 2010 fall.

Here I got three admissions from four universities,U of Arizona, U of Texas at Dallas, American University and Denver U. But I am not sure which one is my best choice.

Any tips appreciated, thanks...

I'm an international student and intend to pursue my study in MS in finance in US 2010 fall.

Here I got three admissions from four universities,U of Arizona, U of Texas at Dallas, American University and Denver U. But I am not sure which one is my best choice.

Any tips appreciated, thanks...

If you're looking for baller weather and a good time at a great school, I'd say go for Arizona, but that's just me. In my opinion, American is in the most boring part of DC, but it is a great school. I don't know much about the other two schools.

One of my mantras when selecting schools is this: try and go to the best school you can get into for the cheapest price. Another mantra is that you have to enjoy the location of the school you're attending; academics is extremely important, but of equal importance, at least to me, is quality of life. After all, who wants to spend X number of years being bored out of their mind while they're paying thousands of dollars to go to a school.

If you're looking for baller weather and a good time at a great school, I'd say go for Arizona, but that's just me. In my opinion, American is in the most boring part of DC, but it is a great school. I don't know much about the other two schools.

One of my mantras when selecting schools is this: try and go to the best school you can get into for the cheapest price. Another mantra is that you have to enjoy the location of the school you're attending; academics is extremely important, but of equal importance, at least to me, is quality of life. After all, who wants to spend X number of years being bored out of their mind while they're paying thousands of dollars to go to a school.

Finance is not my field, so I don't really know the contours of the discipline or the schools well enough to advise you on the department. However, as a native Coloradoan who grew up in Denver, I can tell you that you would not be disappointed with living in Denver. It's a big little city with great bars, clubs, a growing art scene, beautiful summers, nearby outdoor recreation...etc. etc. So I'd be partial to DU myself. Plus aren't Arizona public universities going through budget crises right now? Colorado is straining under the same, but Denver is a private institution.